Rule Changes for OGSO? True?

Just heard that OGSO has proposed that the 60% rule for games played is being moved to 70%, also a girl can only pitch 4 innings in a game , including the state playoffs and also that if you are in OGSO you can only be on one roster. I heard they were voting on that issue in Portage County, but did not know that was being voted on statewide. Does anyone know what is true or not true?

I like that they are trying to get more kids pitching time, and I don't think 70 0/0 playing time is to much to ask for.

Portage south is actually re-voting on this today because of the outburst the orignial vote caused --- I also heard that Trumbell county just voted last wednesday to not allow any girl playing in Trumbell county OGSO to be on more than one roster.... I guess OGSO can over rule any county since they are the governing body and i heard the same as your stating about the two roster and pitching limitations coming for 2012. We will see.

fyi: Portage South already had the 70% rule (last year it was 60% and in 2011 they moved it up to 70%) but nothing set in stone yet with pitching limitations. I see some good and some bad in my opinion. good luck all gilrs that wish to play in OGSO -- it still is a great organization! :D

What is OGSO? I don't think we have that in southwest Ohio. Is rec or semi-competitive, etc? Thanks for any info you can provide, web site, etc.

Bob

I like that they are trying to get more kids pitching time, and I don't think 70 0/0 playing time is to much to ask for.

I know trumbull county already had the 4 inning rule for league play, I do not agree with that rule during tournament time though. At some point a coach or team should be able to pitch their best pitcher the whole game, especially in the state tournament. No problem with the 70 % rule, but still question the motive behind it. Just someone with power trying to limit someone else? Not sure. Alot of times the complaining comes from teams that have just lost to a travel pitcher or player. So to me , jealousy is not a reason to start putting limitations on girls or communities. What do you think?

I don't know what OGSO is but I assume it is a rec league. I've never seen a rec league that did not have an inning cap for the pitchers so that isn't anything new, but I do not like the 1 roster idea. If a girls wants to play on more than 1 team and the schedules don't overlap and they can make it work.....why does anyone have the right to tell them they can't. So many times you hear "it's all about the girls" but alot of these rules they impose make it really hard to believe that. Let them play!!!

The inning cap is for A (10u) and B(12u) only. Inless that will change for c(14u) and D(16and older) League. As far as I know C and D can pitch all they want.

I think its a bunch of (insert your own word here) with the one roster. This is a chance for pitchers to work on their issues at game speed while not hurting their travel team. NOT only that, but those girls who are struggling with their bat. They can go back to the basics to regain their confidence.

Now, before anybody dogs me about what I'm saying, my oldest plays OGSO, and she can play travel and chooses not to. On top of that, she has subbed on a couple travel teams and did quite well. Would she be a starter, who knows. But right now, as a sophomore, has a chance to play varsity. DD's OGSO team had several travel players on the team and used that time to work on their games in a more relaxed environment to help benefit their travel teams.

Nonsense rule in my opinion. I do agree with the 70% rule to play districts. That alone may eliminate most travel players anyway. It also may show you if the coach truly knows his stuff or relying on the travel players :rolleyes:.

JMHO

wva...

thanks---running a rec league and trying to make things fair in everyone's eyes/opinion is a near impossible task.

I don't know what OGSO is but I assume it is a rec league. I've never seen a rec league that did not have an inning cap for the pitchers so that isn't anything new, but I do not like the 1 roster idea. If a girls wants to play on more than 1 team and the schedules don't overlap and they can make it work.....why does anyone have the right to tell them they can't. So many times you hear "it's all about the girls" but alot of these rules they impose make it really hard to believe that. Let them play!!!

Here in Hancock County our rec league does not have have an inning cap.

The Portage County South OGSO charter has voted down the one roster rule in a revote 8-6. So now we can let the girls play!

I have not heard of any pitching limitations coming and these have note been voted on.

The 70% was already in effect, but loosely enforced. Now it will be strictly enforced. I have no problem with that and any other "common sense" solution to travel players plulling out on their rec team only to have the rec girls forfeit their only tournament.

I do not care if your a travel player as long as you treat your rec team and teammates with the same respect. My daughters "B" rec team beat "3" straight travel pitchers in the finals enroute to a 17-0 OGSO state championship for the 2nd straight year. Talent is talent and her team had "0" travel players on it.

I know trumbull county already had the 4 inning rule for league play, I do not agree with that rule during tournament time though. At some point a coach or team should be able to pitch their best pitcher the whole game, especially in the state tournament. No problem with the 70 % rule, but still question the motive behind it. Just someone with power trying to limit someone else? Not sure. Alot of times the complaining comes from teams that have just lost to a travel pitcher or player. So to me , jealousy is not a reason to start putting limitations on girls or communities. What do you think?

The issue comes down to: 1) Jealousy, getting beat and blaming the travel players, 2) Fairness, rec girls sitting for travel players not as commited to the rec team or missing time, 3) Forfeits due to travel players not showing up for games or the "1" rec tournament and rec kids are left out.

Some very legitemate points.

The issue comes down to: 1) Jealousy, getting beat and blaming the travel players, 2) Fairness, rec girls sitting for travel players not as commited to the rec team or missing time, 3) Forfeits due to travel players not showing up for games or the "1" rec tournament and rec kids are left out.

Some very legitemate points.

Well said, I agree with number 1, number 2 maybe , 3 definately agree. Sometimes people from the rec community look down on "travel girls" especially if they have to miss practices or games which I can understand a little, but at least they are playing softball. I would have a bigger problem with girls missing due to other reasons not related to softball. That is just me though, everyone has their own opinion and that is a good thing.