Sad and pathetic situation at 12U World Series

teampacyclone

Reaction score
If inappropriate please remove. Warning graphic scenes, and adult language.

So this happened at the 12U World Series a few days ago, very sad that a parent and coach allowed this to happen.

Very, sad to say the least. Please be warned, graphic,

I had link posted but decided to remove it.

But if you search Maryland Softball Beat Down you can see it, very disturbing to say the least.

Its sad two grown men allowed this to happen over 12U softball.

Another example of out of control parents, if you watch the video the parent should have kept walking away and let it go.

Last edited:

daytonfp

Reaction score
I watched it......that is ridiculous! Those two are idiots!

Last edited:

SheThrowsHeat

Reaction score
Wow! They accomplished two things. Became an example that you should throw down to win your argument and showed how big of meatheads they are. Oh, yes. They also may have just got their family banned from every fastpitch organization in the area. Embarrassing

freddieball

Reaction score
Looks like some charges were placed. One guy's mug shot looks like he took a pretty bad beating. Very pathetic that a youth sport for fun for the girls turns into a physical brawl with 2 adults. Hope these 2 guys are banned but both daughters here are the real victims.

FPMom2000

Reaction score
Wow. When did it change from about the kids to about the parents/coaches? My daughter guest played for a team yesterday and the Coaches on the opposing team were insane. Yabbering to the Umps every five seconds about this play and that play. Screaming at the ump when my daughter hit a 3 run HR because it was down the line, um so? The ump finally looked at the coach and said... "is this game about the girls or you?" Thank God that opposing team won. That Coach was so excited he won a local travel league championship. I'm sorry, I meant to say "his girls" won the game. He's at the water cooler at work right now talking about how he defeated a bunch of 14 year old girls. So proud.

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
Those two idiots are exactly what's wrong in today's youth sports..... It's called Youth sports people! Witnessing a fool kick a water cooler into a woman scorekeepers leg in a 10-u game was disgusting last week when she started crying and he didn't say a stinking word ...... People like that should not be around kids plain and simple. I don't care how many wins your resume has........

dawgpound19

Reaction score
It is a youth sport but there are idiots everywhere in the world. And when said idiot volunteers to coach that is when things like this happen. Here is what I've experienced both as a coach and a parent, if coaches would just coach their girls then none of this would happen. The problem begins when idiot coaches start to run their mouth at other coaches and parents that is when something happens. I've never seen a coach be so upset that he lost a game that he went over and punched the other coach. What I have experienced is throughout the course of a game the idiot coach will yell at the umpire and the other coaches and fans and call then names and at some point enough is enough and if the other coach or fans can't walk away and instead confront the idiot coach then things like this unfortunately happen. Same way if an idiot goes into a restaurant or bar or any other way of life and runs his mouth to other people... usually most people will walk away but sooner or later someone won't and this is what happens. It's sad and unfortunate...

This happened a few weeks ago, the other coaches were running their mouths all game disputing calls and I just ignored them the game was close and it was a 10U game. Towards the end of the game the umpire made a horrible call in their favor which costs us a run and I politely talked to the ump to see what he saw, the other coaches were yelling at me that this was the right call, etc. so our parents started yelling at their coaches, etc. and it quickly turned hostile with their first base coach screaming at our parents through the fence. 9 and 10 year old girls were crying, so I calmly just walked on the field and told the 1st base coach this was a 10U game and he needed to relax, he screamed at me tell your parents to relax and I said you are a coach, conduct yourself as one and I walked over to the umpire and told him if he didn't control the game right now we are walking off and he finally took control and told the coaches one more word and they were gone and he told the parents the same thing.

That's how idiot coaches can cause a youth game with 9 and 10 year olds on the field into a hostile situation rather quickly. If I would have screamed back at the coach or got in his face it could have gotten violent but it's a game with 9 and 10 year olds so I just kept calm and protect the girls because isn't that why we coach, for the girls?

yossarian

Reaction score
Looks like an episode from the new spinoff of Jersey Shore:

Jersey Shore Fastpitch

snoman76

Reaction score
Is that Lasers vs Stingrays?...................

On a serious note, Why wouldn't anyone try to stop it? Someone should have stepped in and separated them and not allowed it to get to that point

Last edited:

First2Third

Reaction score
From their conversation it sounds like they are parents of girls on the same team.

01softballmom

Reaction score
This is pathetically sad. Thank goodness the girls did not seem to be there.

gobug

Reaction score
From their conversation it sounds like they are parents of girls on the same team.

We're originally from the NJ/PA area. A friend actually called me to tell me about this. Both men were from the same organization. One was the head coach, the other was the father of a DD who was kicked off the team by said coach. Father wasn't happy about it and this was the result. That said this organization has always had a sketchy reputation so when my friend told me about it I wasn't surprised. I will say that compared to parts of NJ and PA, Ohio fastpitch is all rainbows and unicorns when it comes to this kind of stuff.

ETA: The DD was asked to leave originally due to her father's behavior.

Last edited:

TheSoftballZone

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sorry, neither one of these two should ever take up fighting as a career. OMGOSH!