sec football overrated this year

ApogeeDemon

In the Penalty Box
Reaction score
can someone explain that end game play calling and Luke's D letting that guy get deep late in the game?

JoeA1010

Reaction score
Apogee, I said the same thing on both of those. OSU has the game in hand if they don't do either of those two things. #23 letting that guy get behind him was just unbelievable. And then worse, throwing on first down after the attempted onside kick? I had figured out that OSU could run three times, punt, and Alabama would have had the ball on the 20 (at best) with about 45 seconds left and no time outs. Instead, they had the ball with about 1:30 to go and got far enough for a hail mary or two. Meyer admitted the pass call was his and was a bad idea. As great of a coaching job as Meyer and his staff have done this year, that call might have been the single worst call I've ever seen. It would be about like being down 4 in the 7th inning with one out and a runner on first and calling a sac bunt.

brownsfan

Reaction score
According to Urban, they had 10 in the box. Why not catch them off guard? After hearing that, and knowing the way 'Bama can put up points...I couldn't disagree. But I was like y'all when I saw them throwing it.

Miller

Reaction score
He didn't admit it was a bad call at all. He said they had 10 in the box and they went for it. Didn't they win? I love the fact he is aggressive. The blown coverage was a mistake.

snoman76

Reaction score
Saying that the SEC is overrated is a stretch. With the exception of Ole Miss, the SEC was in every bowl game and scored at least 24 points and that team won. LSU put up 28 and only lost by 3.. From the offensive side I would say the other conferences are underrated. Defensively they should all be ashamed. If you give up over 30 pts to a team you don't deserve to win.

WWolff

"Suck A Little Less Today"
Reaction score
Website
www.D1fastpitch.com
Saying that the SEC is overrated is a stretch. With the exception of Ole Miss, the SEC was in every bowl game and scored at least 24 points and that team won. LSU put up 28 and only lost by 3.. From the offensive side I would say the other conferences are underrated. Defensively they should all be ashamed. If you give up over 30 pts to a team you don't deserve to win.

2-5 sec west nough said !

teampacyclone

Reaction score
SEC will put out more players that will be playing the NFL, that's why players go there, and that's why they get the most respect, they have in the words of Todd Graham from ASU, Speed, Speed, Speed. lol

Yesterday the Big Ten had a pretty good day, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Ohio State with wins, and Penn State won a few weeks ago. ACC not looking so good so far.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
Not at all sticking up for Meyer's call because I was screaming at the TV along with everyone else. I also did the math, and felt we had a better than 50/50 proposition of getting a first down... it's not like they had shut the middle down on us. I wanted to see 3 runs straight up the gut because I thought we had a better than average chance of ending the game right there. I will say though in that situation I can see how it may have been too tempting for Urban to not try to go for the "knockout blow." He was clearly in it to make a statement last night and I think the prospects of hitting Alabama square in the mouth when they were on the ropes may have clouded his better judgement somewhat. You know that living room conversation with the FL kid who runs a 4.2 40 goes so much more smoothly after you have just not only beat, but embarrassed AL. I think he was trying to do a little coaching AND recruiting last night... that's my take on that otherwise insane call.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Lot of chest thumping going on , I guess when you are 0-10 against the SEC and you finally get a W its a big emotional release. I would advise to act like you have been there before, but with 1 title in 44 years I guess you just can't. Bama with 3 titles in 6 years just looked complacent. :)

okiedad1961

Reaction score
LOOKOUT DUCKS HERE COMES OUR BUCKS, Thanks Urban for the speed to play w/ the SEC

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
So Jamies Winston says with swagger after game that Oregon is no better than FSU and they beat themselves......really? Oregon Made you beat yourself....they whipped you like a boy stealing lobster claws getting caught!!! Take it like a man you loser....go ahead jump to the NFL and do the Manziel and get yr butt beat!

SoCal_Dad

Reaction score
Cardale Jones stepped up big time. Remarkable performances in his first 2 career starts, especially against quality opponents.

MD 20/20

Reaction score
The SEC is not overrated at all!!! I'm a true Bucks fan, but don't anyone tell me they had all these SEC teams losing in their bowl pic-ems. The truth is that there is a very small difference between all these "big time" programs. They are 18-22 year old kids. Who knows how any or all these kids will respond to playing or not playing for a championship. If you are Auburn and expect to play for the national championship every year.......It didn't happen this year! I'm sure it's tough to get your team up for a meaningless bowl when they expected more. I think it also shows that given 3 weeks of preparation, anyone can beat anyone. Now to the buckeyes and my thoughts of last nights game.....

Cardale Jones......Why do you run the ball like a 5'6" slot receiver. Early on, he actually jumped up to the defender. Your the biggest guy on the field, run like it.
Joey Bosa.....How was the game last night, as you seemed to watch the entire game and had zero effect on it.
OSU DB's....Your up a couple scores. Why are you jumping routes and letting receivers get behind you for gig TD's?
Lane Kiffin.....You killed us when you ran the ball to the left!!! Why would you do anything else until we stopped you?
Where did you send Derrick Henry to dinner during the 2nd and 3rd quarter?
Did you send Amari Cooper to the same restaurant late in the 4th quarter?
Steve Miller.....Great pick6, but you were getting your @ss kicked on every running play before that. He was getting blown up by TE's
Eziekial Elliot....You have been a monster in your last 2 games. I hope your quad is OK cuz this team will go as far as he can go. Thank god his myke wasn't working last night.
Urban Myer....I can appreciate you wanting to put the dagger in Sabans chest late in the game, but it's about winning at that point. RUN THE BALL!!! MAKE THEM USE THEIR T.O's
Whoever picked that HAIL MARRY at the end of the game.....ARE YOU A MORON??? THERES NO TIME ON THE CLOCK!!!!!GO DOWN!!!!!

For next Monday. We have as good a chance to win as anyone. Our defense is fast and swarms to the ball. If our Def. line pressures the QB that can disrupt things. I just think we need to score everytime we have the ball. It doesn't have to be in 90 seconds like Oregon scores but we need to match scores with them.

All in all, what a great day for the Big10, and especially those BUCKEYES

Last edited:

larrybowman

Reaction score
I'm just going to say I'm happy OSU won. Not going to not pick anything on either side of the ball. Great game by two great teams...... nuff said.

Coach_Dave

Reaction score
SEC had a down year as far as quality QB's, but hard to say they are overrated given their dominance over the past....forever. Had Bama pulled it out in the Sugar Bowl, anyone else see their punter as the MVP? Dude was kicking darts back there.