Should you play 18-u or 16-U?

Ok some say play up at the 18-U level to be seen by more college coaches.

On the other hand some say play 16-U due to college coaches not looking at 18-U thinking all the players are already signed to play at a college.

My daughter is 16 and played 18-U this season.

Now we aren't sure which way to go and would like the opinions of others!

Thanks for your feedback ;D

Depends on the team you're going to be on. Everything else being equal, I'd say 18-U. But I'd easily opt for a top 16-U team before an 18-U team that isn't playing many tournaments with college coaches.

why rush it. ? obviously your dd is a very good player. ? she will get the same exposure on either team if the team plays in exposure events. ? college coaches know that wether she plays 16U or 18U she still cant play at college for a couple of years, ?in fact the D1 schools cannot contact her unitil sometime her junior year of hs. ? lower division colleges can contact her in some instances but she doesn't have to play up to get their interest. ?

I'd say play on a team that she can be her best. Usually that would mean playing at 16U if she still can. College coaches come if you invite them. keep them posted on where you will be and they will be there. I sent letters and profiles to 21 coaches about one girl, 18 responded, 9 visited so far. There have been at least 5 other coaches watching us/her as well (at Stingray Tournament, GAPPS and NSA World Series)

Its good to learn how to win and dominate. Most quality 16U teams will beat almost all of the best HS teams. The game at 16 is just as exciting and fast. (btw the Ohio Classics Black are looking for a couple quality 16 year olds)

Being a player who was eligible for 16U but played 18U, I felt the urge to comment. I loved my 18U team, but honestly, I liked the competition and diversity while playing 16U. That might just be a personal feeling, but I think 16U is much more enjoyable.