ASA Tournament SluggerFest Results

Is there any place to get updated results of the pool play games or bracket games at SluggerFest.

Beuller, Beuller, Anyone??

Just Kidding. ?Anyone have any updates from Friday?

I have my own team's update and a few others at 16-U. The Buckeye Heat (Abraham) is 5-0 so far and just won the winner's bracket of our bracket. There are four double elimination brackets of 12 teams each and the four winners play in the Championship Round Sunday afternoon.

If we win one of two in the morning, we'll be in the Championship Bracket. The Stingrays (Housh) were playing the Munster (IN) Magic in the winner's bracket final of another bracket. I'm guessing the Stingrays will come out of that bracket. The Lasers Pink were in the semis of one bracket, along with the Classics White, Cincy Elite Blue and someone else. I don't recall who was in the semis of the fourth bracket.

We (Buckeye Heat) got 3 in the bottom of the last inning to beat the Kenosha (WI) Cyclones 5-4 in that winner's bracket final this evening. They were stalling in the last inning and managed to finish off the clock, but we scored two with two outs to win the game.

At 16-U, the Munster Magic (IN) were in the finals against the Georgia Lightning. The Magic beat the Buckeye Heat (Abraham) in the semis and the Lightning beat the Western Kentucky Crush. The 5-8 teams were the Stingrays (Housh), Lasers Pink, Indiana Hurricanes and Miami Valley Xpress (Red). I think teams 9-12 were the Louisville Lady Sluggers, Kentucky Cobras Gold, Cincy Elite Blue and Stingrays (Truex).

At 18-U, the Southern Illinios Force beat the Miami Valley Xpress Blue in the final 1-0. I'm not sure of teams 3-4.

In re: 18U, believe that the Southern Force beat the WV Dusters 9-3. The Miami Valley Express beat the Hoosier Pride either 4-3 or 5-4 in international tiebreaker. The championship game for the Express was their 5th straight game of the day; they were the only team in the final four to play out of the losers bracket to secure a semi-final berth! They gave up the one run to the Southern Force in the first inning and then held them the rest of the game. It was a great game -- great pitchers duel between Bodeker and the Southern Force pitcher.