[Softball] Evans Adds Depth Inside the Circle

ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – The Rochester College head softball coach Tai Sharpley announced the signing of Hemlock High School senior Alexis Evans.

Evans will be joining the Lady Warriors after lettering under high school head coach Scott Hegenauer. During her time as a Huskie, Evans has been awarded with 4 different honors due to her effort on the diamond. The awards include the Captain Award, team's MVP Award, TVC West All-Conference Utility Player of the Year and All-District Utility Player of the Year Award.

Last season as a junior, Evans helped lead her team to a record of 21-12. One of her best performances was against Chesaning where she ended the game with an impressive 12 strikeouts from the mound.

Alexis is the daughter of Cynthia and Larry Evans and has two siblings, Jayden and Dakota.

Coach Sharpley on Evans:

"The moment I saw Alexis, I knew I had to have her be a part of our program. She'sa pitcher by trade but is versatile enough to play multiple positions and play them well. Alexis also takes care of business in the classroom, with almost a 4.0 GPA. She's a true definition of a scholar-athlete. What I like most about Alexis, is that she's incredibly poised on the mound. She has a "silent, but deadly" approach to her game. I truly believe I will enjoy sitting back and watching her work!"

Continue reading...