Softball Recruiting Services?

SoftballKing

Reaction score
MY DD is going to be a freshman in HS and I want to start getting her exposure for College. My son played football and went to camps and did combine testing. Is there any softball camps or combines that do testing for softball players and then partner with colleges on sharing that information?

I know NCSA does some stuff but they are very generic in doing it for all sports. I ask this cause my son really benefited from these combines he did during the summer. I was hoping there would be someone that focused solely on softball that would have the connections. I can't seem to find any around Ohio where we live.. they all seem to be in Cali or the south.

eagleone

Reaction score
OnDeck is the best if you can get her in. It is run by Derek allister

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
On Deck has tryouts where they do measurements running speed, throwing speed, bat speed etc. I plan on taking my DD to the one in Louisville KY or Atlanta GA in April. After these tryouts, you can get invited to their camps like Banditfest.

Lester

Reaction score
getting on a team with high end schedules, decent to good communication from the head coach, and being a part of an family willing to work the recruiting plan aggressively is the key... save your money and get to the exposure events. If you email only... you will get what you put into it. And of course talent that matches the schools you are interested in and their openings to match is also important.

FastBat

Reaction score
getting on a team with high end schedules, decent to good communication from the head coach, and being a part of an family willing to work the recruiting plan aggressively is the key... save your money and get to the exposure events. If you email only... you will get what you put into it. And of course talent that matches the schools you are interested in and their openings to match is also important.

I have been thinking about this, talent services is not how it was done 20 years ago, but maybe there is a better way now? Very possible. But, in my experience, I have always thought, getting into good tournaments and getting exposure, is usually how it's done. Surely, to have a good college program, it would take an aggressive, hard working coach, who would hunt down good players. And equally important are: talented, hard working, serious players, who would seek the best teams with the best schedules. So my thought is: talent hunts talent; not talented coaches go to a service and ask for great players. I'm not trying to be a critic here, I probably just don't understand this newer process of recruiting.

Last edited:

wow

Reaction score
Fastbat- You are 100% spot on...it matters who you play and who you play for. The kids today should be putting together their "portfolio". With all the smartphones video and pics should be brought together early. Have stats and grades ready. Its your fast pitch resume if you will. Then email and get to the college clinics. If you get your name to the coach and tell them you will be there you get a face with a name. Perseverance if the key. Then at the clinics you can get some face time. Then follow up with your team info and what gurney you will be at. Chances are if you are on the right team and play in the right turnys the coaches will already be scheduled to be there.

This college recruiting stuff is not by chance It takes hard work. Hard work you are willing to invest.

Not saying a "service" is not the right way to go, just that you have own your recruiting.

harley78

Reaction score
NCSA did a great job in getting her out there to other Colleges around the country , she was found by her College from NCSA , Although we made her video they put it on there website and it looked good , It has been awhile when we did this but it cost 1000 dollars for a year and had 35 to 40 Schools looking at her from Community Colleges to a couple of D1 and D2 Schools mostly D3 and NAIA . If she is not noticed by the time she is a Sophomore most D1 and D2 Schools have found who they want. My DD picked 5 or 6 Schools and went to there camps if she liked the Coach and College we went back the next year, if you'r DD is good they will notice her, Definitely go to the Kent State Camp there are plenty of Schools to chose from D1 to NAIA it was by far the best camp we went to, The D1 and D2 Coaches hang around the Freshman and Sophomore group's . Good luck to her and if she has good grades makes it all the better.

Reaction score
We are very excited to announce that OnDeck Softball and OnDeck Measurements will be coming to Orrville, Ohio!!! Their testing and tryouts will be ran in conjunction with the Fire in the Sky tournament July 1st-4th and will be available to all athletes in the tournament as well as any others 18 and under. Please check out their website at http://www.ondeckmeasurements.com/ and you can sign up here at http://sve.fastpitchrecruits.com//si.../fireinthesky/ to get tested this July and get your Athletic Index score!