Catching and Catchers discussion Spring Training is here! Pitchers/Catchers

I think Joe had his first official pratice for the many pitchers and catchers he has this morning at 12:01,just after the clock struck midnight ;) - Good luck to all and enjoy the season. I know I'm looking forward to it.

Probably everyone else on this site knows this already, but I'm just a newbie. ?Why is it that pitchers and catchers report earlier than the rest of the team? ? :-?

It's because someone in their infinite wisdom at some point in time believed that pitchers needed just a little more time (not much, mind you) to prepare their pitching arms for the season. ?Reference MLB. ? ::)

Catchers report at the same time so that pitchers have someone to catch the ball as the pitchers quickly ?;) condition their arms. ?;D ?;D ?;D

Because they aren't in as good as shape as the position players :D................JUST KIDDING!

retired_coach, you're on a roll. Read your two most recent replies and you made me laugh twice ;D ;D Keep it up!

Joea should be posting soon, his 24 hour practice ended about 22 minutes ago. ;D ;D

Very funny, retired coach---it's what I had always suspected. ;)

We all need a good pitcher and catcher to center your team around.

P&C are always going to lessons and pitching indoor tourney's and leagues and using their catcher. It is OHSAA feels they need to start 2 weeks earlier than the position players...........................

SOOOO, the position players must be in better shape in the eyes of OHSAA ;D!

(notice sarcasm in post ::))