Stat Software

I too have my own Excel program written, but with all the hi-tech stuff that's out there i thought maybe its time for a change.

I used to keep an excel spreadsheet, but last year I got a copy of turbo stats and I will never go back. I recommend turbostats. It is very easy to use.

Turbostats is the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

If you want the best software for Palm OS check out www.scorepad.com. I have used both Turbostats and scorepad. Scorepad is better. Very easy to use. Most of your common plays are one touch to score. Give you more stats than you can use. All in real time. Can chart pitches with speed (You enter the speed) knows about international tie breaker. Both one and two runner. It is actually easier than a book, MUCH neater too. You can enter hit locations and bring them up with one touch for each batter you are facing. Helps you advance runners. Could go on forever but will end with this. If you are buying a Palm OS Device to keep score buy color and take it outside to make sure it can be seen in the sun. So go on a sunny day to purchase. Also buy the larger screen size device, you get better features out of the software.

I Just Catch

What type of palm pilot works best with turbo stats? Looking to change from pencil and paper scoring in the spring and want to stay within a tight budget. :D

The Palm product is ScoreKeeper and will run on any Palm device that is running OS version 3.0 and greater. ?The app will take about 112K free space and each game requires approx 8-12K (depending on the number of innings). ?The cheapest Palm on the market right now is probably the Zire 21 (~$99), which after loading the OS and it's standard utilities will have about 7.2MB of storage free (the color Zire 31 is about $129 and will have about 15.2MB free). ? Which means if you do nothing else with it you could store about 605-907 games (about 1287-1931 for the 31).