OHIO SWAT 03

Reaction score
Has the city made any announcement on what they plan to do? Will they open the park?

denised1989

Reaction score
This is in their Restart Columbus
website
http://crpdsports.org/restartus

The Columbus Recreation and Parks Department is thoughtfully evaluating options for summer sports leagues, facilities and tournaments, for youth and adult competitions. The safety of participants and staff remains our top priority. All decisions to continue recreational events will be based on recommendations from Columbus Public Health. As the department finalizes plans, all sports facilities will remain closed through at least May 31. More information will be shared next week.

Stedman00

Reaction score
This is also listed on the website for status updates regarding Cap City tourney (at Berliner June 5-7). Lots of back and forth on their site about paid teams, refunds, extended payments due by dates, etc.

jayflyer98

Reaction score
"We are working with Columbus Public Health to finalize plans to ensure the health and safety of all athletes, spectators, coaches, officials and staff. The guidelines will be posted on this page once they are complete. Please check back soon for more information."

This statement leads me to believe that Berliner will be opening.... I just hope they come out with it today so all the TDs and coaches can plan.

Stedman00

Reaction score
"We are working with Columbus Public Health to finalize plans to ensure the health and safety of all athletes, spectators, coaches, officials and staff. The guidelines will be posted on this page once they are complete. Please check back soon for more information."

This statement leads me to believe that Berliner will be opening.... I just hope they come out with it today so all the TDs and coaches can plan.

I believe that fast pitch showdowns is poised to announce status of the Cap City tourney tomorrow afternoon. Cap City is currently set for 5-7 June.

jayflyer98

Reaction score
Pretty wild that nothing has leaked out yet about Berliner.. Looking like Cap City will have no choice but to cancel if they do not hear anything in the next couple hours. Then Lasers will be on the clock..

Rerun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’m wonder how the current social uprising and riots will affect the city ability to handle anything other then the current powder keg waiting to blow wide open.

If this don’t blow over the National Guard may use Berliner and rename it Fort Berliner.

her mom

Reaction score
I’m wonder how the current social uprising and riots will affect the city ability to handle anything other then the current powder keg waiting to blow wide open.

If this don’t blow over the National Guard may use Berliner and rename it Fort Berliner.

I thought the same thing after I watched all of that last night. So sad.

FC2019

Reaction score
430 on fri still no word this is ridiculous ether crap or get off the pot

FC2019

Reaction score
we just pulled out of cap city we dont even have a schedule yet at least lasers has a schedule

FC2019

Reaction score
yeah they had it a while ago
we got ours emailed im sure its on lasers web site

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
Idk what decisions they are considering at this point that would be holding up a decision?

Stedman00

Reaction score
Don't know either, but this dangling an answer crap sucks.