Stingrays Tournament 2006

For each of the last 3 years I have watched this event from 1000 miles and I have had a smile on my face. ?Each year the tourney attracts a great field and continues to listen to coaches and fans about the changes needed. ?I know in the years to come the Rays will add touches that will distinguish the event even more. ?I know the hard work that all the Stingrays Families have put in - and will put in this week...thank you all.

To all the competing teams - GOOD LUCK. ?Play hard and enjoy yourselves.

To all the parents - enjoy watching your daughters play in this premier event. ?It is seldom that they will face this consistant competition thoughout a tourney.

Remember this event supports the Stefanie Spielman Breast Cancer Awareness Fund. ?This is a critical awareness that families in the softball community should support. ?Please help the Stingrays in this endevour any way that you can.

I can taste the hot dogs and brats from here!!! ?

Re: Stingrays Tournament 2007

Ohio Rays, I don't want to change the direction of your thread, but I really didn't want to start a new one. ?This does concern everyone enjoying themselves this weekend at the Stingrays Tournament.

Please park in the designated areas only. ?If you are at Beekman fiels, it will be in the large parking lot where Carmack takes a 90 degree turn.

Parking is not a problem at Coffey Fields.

The OSU Traffic Division is always on patrol and is always ready to issue those $50 parking tickets. ?You can be sure that they will be checking those trophy spots real close to Beekman. Do not park in faculty, restricted, or handicap spaces unless you have the appropriate credentials/stickers.

Hopefully this will help everyone have a great time watching some outstanding fastpitch this weekend.

...and if you are parking at the meters you better keep them full of quarters!!!

WV--- I have made that donation to OSU in Fall Ball :)

Bear, I think what the old man is trying to say was that he hopes that there are more improvements and good things to come from the tournament in the future.... When you get to be his age, things just don't seem to make as much since as they used to.

How are the field conditions at Beekman and Coffee fields right now? If I remember correctly, decisions on playing conditions were entirely up to TOSU officials.........Sat. & Sun. forecast looks good, just curious as to how much rain you've had in Columbus, and if it might affect Fridays schedule??

Not afflilated with the tourney, and we've had a light rain off and on this morning (mainly off), but it looks like it's trying to clear off and the radar doesn't look too bad, so my guess is that we'll get a little sun with a light wind this afternoon, and by tomorrow late morning we'll have a go.

16U
Stingrays 16U - Marcum
Buckeye Heat- Abraham
Buckeye Heat- May
Central Ohio Lady Rebels
Cincinnati Elite
Cincy Tribe
Elyria SunDogs
Heart of Ohio- Heartaches
Indy Dreams
Lady Lasers- Blue
Lady Lasers- Purple
Maddogs
Michigan Finesse
OFC Heat
Ohio Classics- Black
Ohio Ice- Blue
Ohio Swarm
Ohio Wolfpack
Pittsburgh Lady Roadrunners
Pittsburgh Power- Black
Pittsburgh Power- Hanlon
Pittsburgh Spirit
Tigerlillies
Worth- Ohio Wave

Does anyone have the rainout # for this weekends Stringray tournament.Iam not trying to jinx anything just as a precaution.Good luck to all teams. :)

[glb]i happen to know that a team got rejected from this tournament because they weren't "good enough"
that team ended up beating the stingrays in the GAPSS
tournament to knock them out of the tourney
just goes to show that the team the wasn't "good enough" for this tourney may have have a little something more than what the stingrays thought[/glb]

That wasn't a nice post sportsnut. I know of other teams that did not get chosen for this tournament that probably should have. The Stingrays cannot predict the future. It doesn't pay to hold a grudge. There are plenty of other tournaments in and around Ohio this weekend that will give you some great competition. Cut them some slack.

Good Luck to all at the Stingrays tournament

So the Stingray team shouldn't be in the Stingray tournament?

LOL...

sportsnut12 - even when there were 116 teams in the tourney there were teams that did not get in. That is the down side to having a popular event, and the toughest aspect of being the TD. Sometimes quality teams are not chosen. Don't assume that the only criteria for entrance is being "good enough".

One of my favoite sayings is: success is the sweetest form of revenge.