Strange set up for the upcoming weekend

Coachmorgan

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a set up like this before. Seems a little nuts to me. My daughter's team is scheduled to play this weekend with games starting on Friday. We are scheduled to play 3 on Friday and none on Saturday. Other teams are playing either 2 on Friday 1 on Saturday, or vice versa. Bracket play starts with one elimination game on Saturday night for the bottom teams. The problem being that you may not know if you are one of the bottom teams until 6pm game time on Saturday. If we end up potentially being on the bubble at the bottom and are waiting on run differential to decide it, we have to drive 2 hours to sit around and find out if we are supposed to play or not. I am not looking forward to a potential 2 hour drive to be told to turn around and go back home, we will see you at 8am tomorrow. Our coach tried to talk to the director, who's only response was "well, the tournament was advertised that bracket play starts on Saturday". To top it off, we will have to pay a gate fee on Saturday to get in and warm-up to possibly go home. I guess the only thing to do is win all 3 games on Friday and enjoy a Saturday off (or pray for rain).

Mdfio

Reaction score
If it were advertised as tournament play starts on Saturday then you should be prepared! But who drives 2 hours to a tournament that may be a three day tournament? That could potentially 12 hours in a car for a tournament. I am assuming this is a younger age group and you are not used to this but my advise is anything more than an hour away - stay!

JMO