super rec or travel ?

A few friends of mine who plays rec and then summer tournament ball are already practicing. My travel team has not yet practiced, why is her rec team practicing ? She played for a Kentucky Fall league then went right into practice for her rec team. HELP !

Sounds like a question you should be asking the coach.

Age group and other sport participation by players may have a bearing on that decision.

I have noticed over the years that when you start practices is not nearly important as what the quality of the practices are. Two - three hours of quality work is what counts. Truely working on fundamental skills, setting the tone, and coming together as a team, this is what travel ball is all about. It is not something that can be measured in the number of practices alone, it can be measured by the growth of a player from year to year. Quality over quantity counts.

Each travel team is different. Some teams almost never have organized practices. They expect their players to practice on their own.

I am truly impressed that a summer rec team would already be practicing.

Rich, great response. the items you listed are what we are working on this fall and winter. The best teams we played last year were the best with fundamentals. Teams with sound fundamentals, great team spirit, and unity are hard to beat.