Team USA vs Japan

Wow! This is so shocking! Team USA, with those monster stats against high school pitching, is finally facing someone who can throw. Result through 6 innings? Team USA is 4 for 22. All singles. Bustos? 0-2 with a weak strike out on a pitch that was six inches or more outside and low (the same one she hit out against a 55 mph rag arm the other day. Mendoza? 0-3 with a strike out. They're getting jammed. They're getting fooled. They're getting blown away. Worst of all? The umpires are just not buying into that theory that the hitter should call her OWN balls and strikes. The umpires are actually ringing up these Team USA girls who are watching 2-strike pitches go by over the plate! Outrageous! LOL. There should be an investigation! Haven't they been to the clinic?

...Its 2:47 in the AM and Nacho Libre Bustos just hit one about 340 feet. DADDY could have sworn she was eating a GORDITA before the at bat....
Well tell her to send me a few as I think my team's diet is going to get a change. ;&

Having said that, let's keep this thread civil....

thanx Daddy, I really needed a good laugh this morning. I just couldn't pinpoint who Neuvman reminded me of, you nailed it.

watched the entire game on line........yes some suprising swings or lack there of.......I just credit Ueno. she is one of the best in the world with her control. Tough to watch Mendoza and others go down looking.

Team USA wins 4-1 in 9 innings; the last two innings were tie-breaker-style starting with a runner at second. Lowe slapped one up the middle for the first run. Then Mendoza coaxed a walk by NOT swinging at balls out of the strike zone. Then Bustos came up and TOOK TWO PITCHES THAT WERE OFF THE PLATE, working the count in her favor (just the way all good hitters do). The next pitch was a big, fat nothing ball just below the belt and on the inner half of the plate. Bustos turned on it (just the way all good hitters would) and crushed it. Three-run homer. USA wins 4-1 in the end.

Team USA vs Ueno: 6-35 (.171). Two of those hits came after Ueno had thrown over 130 pitches. They get her again Thursday morning for the gold. They'd better lay off the bad ones. Feel better, Dice.

truth you spoke the truth but others may not have wanted to hear the final until they saw the game for themselves....:confused:

thanks for the stat on ueno.

Does anyone know who won the Japan vs. Australia game? It was in the 12th inning tied up when I left for work. I wanted to stay but I was already very late!! LOL

Well, I guess it was meant to be!! I'm sure Japans pitcher will put her best on the field!! I hope we do the same!

agreed, Abbott did a good job but don't think she can do it in the gold medal game and against Japan again.

Actually Abbott did a great job! This was her first bracket game at the Olympics and it was nice to see Candrea have the confidence to go with her in this situation. He can now come back with Cat or Finch (or both) and once again have the advantage in that part of the game.

I do not see Japan getting thru that line-up the same way they did last nite. Simply too much for any pitcher to face. A number of things fell into place for them including a rather large strike zone (granted for both teams).

I would guess that USA takes the Gold medal game 4 - 0 in a more conventional style.

Anyway excellent job by the Japanese pitcher she more then did her job.

It almost seems like an un-named poster on here WANTS team USA to get beat.

Is there a way to watch the game online with the commentary? I'm not seeing how to turn it on on the nbc website.

GO USA!!!! Japan Pitcher was putting the spin in on rotation good. But what about how they slow the game down, that I did not like. Japan did disrupted USA timing by doing that. *Remember to pat the ground lol It was a good game and even better USA wins!!

GO USA! GO USA! GO USA! 8 and 0 Busto Hits a 250 ft rocket! 4 to 1 win I like!!

TEAM USA Made in AMERICA by Americans....Sorry WALMART Peeps! USA !!

Great major league baseball teams can look foolish against good pitchers from time to time also, especially when seeing contrasting styles, when facing good pitching. Like the saying goes, good pitching beats good hitting (usually). Adjustements will be made (quick, somebody tell Candrea about RVP :p)

Teams that have fireballers, which can also mix in a knuckleballer or off-speed nibbler in-between the flame-throwers can be hell on a good hitting team. However, if you line up similar style pitching back to back it may still beat good hitting, but at least the hitters have a chance to get off their heels and get in a groove.

Having now seen the Japanese pitcher, worked out a few kinks, I too would feel a little surprised if "we" don't lay the wood (er, ... composite) to her next time.

Is there a way to watch the game online with the commentary? I'm not seeing how to turn it on on the nbc website.

I did not see a way to turn on the sound. I just watched the game and read the commentary when I wanted. good luck

just want to get the auto kick-back message after reading this one so I can see the way this one plays out ... :eek:

my 2 cents... they play and work hard and yes even the best have a bad game or inning or just get a better match up. Hatin' on our own US team is somewhat surprising... YES, I'm on the band wagon...