The Best 16U A Teams In Ohio?

LineDrive1434

Reaction score
Just curious what the group opinions are. If you had to list the top 5 - 16U A teams in Ohio, what would your list look like? Remember everyone has their own opinion so there is no right or wrong answers here. Just interesting to hear general thoughts and if there is any consensus. This is for A teams only please. Let's not dilute the poll with others.

her mom

Reaction score
Just curious what the group opinions are. If you had to list the top 5 - 16U A teams in Ohio, what would your list look like? Remember everyone has their own opinion so there is no right or wrong answers here. Just interesting to hear general thoughts and if there is any consensus. This is for A teams only please. Let's not dilute the poll with others.
Hawks
Ohio Bombers (used to be outlaws Johnson)
Bandits Yates
Stingrays
Ummmmm, can't think of the 5th but I know there is one hahah.

swohio

Reaction score
1-Bandits Richards
2-Outlaws Garroway
3-Lasers Red
4-Hawks Hutchinson
5-Team Ohio Red

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
Assuming we are turning the page and talking about 16u for the 2020-2021 season...I would go:

(in no order)
Ohio Hawks Hutchinson
Beverly Bandits DeMarini Yates
Ohio Outlaws Premier Harbold
Ohio Outlaws Premier Garroway
Ohio Lasers Yellow

Teams change every year and this based on what I saw last season, so these obviously could change come the end of fall. Just one guy's opinion.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
How about everyone sign up for the ASA 16u state tournament and settle it on the field.
I was just answering a question asking for "opinions" on 8/7/20. It doesn't make it a fact or is a scientific study. It is an "opinion". Why do people get upset over this stuff? Any team that will be listed on here can AND will be beaten....that is a fact. Just don't get why people just can't respect it is an "opinion" and nothing more.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
You cant take these seriously, everyone always has own their team in there whether they deserve it or not. Find out who on the field.​
Of course, you don't take it seriously, it is someone who is giving an opinion when no one has seen all the teams play....but yet some do take it seriously.

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
I was just answering a question asking for "opinions" on 8/7/20. It doesn't make it a fact or is a scientific study. It is an "opinion". Why do people get upset over this stuff? Any team that will be listed on here can AND will be beaten....that is a fact. Just don't get why people just can't respect it is an "opinion" and nothing more.
I was just suggesting a tournament that everyone could easily sign up for to play each other. I have no dog in the race. I don't think its a novel idea to give your girls a chance to go win something to brag about. I know the showcase season is a grind and people have stated on here before that it doesn't always produce a true champion maybe due to roster batting, free substitutions, or coaches wanting to see players. Why not enter a true tournament with a true champion. A win against any team listed in state championship final would be a much longer lasting memory than some showcase pool play win. Just my opinion.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
I was just suggesting a tournament that everyone could easily sign up for to play each other. I have no dog in the race. I don't think its a novel idea to give your girls a chance to go win something to brag about. I know the showcase season is a grind and people have stated on here before that it doesn't always produce a true champion maybe due to roster batting, free substitutions, or coaches wanting to see players. Why not enter a true tournament with a true champion. A win against any team listed in state championship final would be a much longer lasting memory than some showcase pool play win. Just my opinion.
I think that would be fantastic. Not just at 16u either. I think some midseason or end of season state tournament that would be for the top Ohio teams to play would be very attractive. Totally agree with your reasoning.

swohio

Reaction score
is
I think that would be fantastic. Not just at 16u either. I think some midseason or end of season state tournament that would be for the top Ohio teams to play would be very attractive. Totally agree with your reasoning.
There is one. It’s called Outlaws Summer, and Bandits Richards won this year.

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
is
There is one. It’s called Outlaws Summer, and Bandits Richards won this year.
That gets some good teams but not the full participation of teams like the dream state tournament would be. Bandits Richards are 18u now or still 16u?

swohio

Reaction score
That gets some good teams but not the full participation of teams like the dream state tournament would be. Bandits Richards are 18u now or still 16u?
They are 04’. What 16u teams weren’t at Outlaws Summer that are in the top 15 in the state?

Last edited:

jt7663

Reaction score
They are 04’. What 16u teams weren’t at Outlaws Summer that are in the top 15 in the state?
Now that you mentioned are there any Rankings out there Nationally that have any Ohio Based Teams?

AnotherSoftballDad

Reaction score
I guess I didn't realize Richards was 04. I would definitely put them in my top 5 for this coming season then. swohio I guess we are talking about 2 different things. I am now onto to the 20-21 season and not last seasons 16u teams. The original question didn't specify. So I am talking the 04 and 05 teams now in 16u. I really can't answer about 16u Outlaws tournament this past summer.

swohio

Reaction score
I guess I didn't realize Richards was 04. I would definitely put them in my top 5 for thiscoming season then. swohio I guess we are talking about 2 different things. I am now onto to the 20-21 season and not last seasons 16u teams. The original question didn't specify. So I am talking the 04 and 05 teams now in 16u. I really can't answer about 16u Outlaws tournament this past summer.
All the teams I listed are for 20-21

PaulP

Reaction score
I do wish softball was more centrally organized like volleyball. It would be fun if there was a double elimination tournament that everyone had on their calendar every year.