The Captain...

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it is, Its sad to see one of the few class players leave with the way sports are now days ........ There wont be another like him.

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
I don't follow the pros like I used to.
I'm a pirate fan so I've been impressed with Andrew McCutchin and Josh Harrison - but even with all the attention they are getting right now it?s a WAY smaller stage then the one out there in New York especially in those Pinstripes.

Last edited:

Westler33

Reaction score
You don't have to like New York but you have to like Jeter because he has always played the game the right way and the only thing you ever read in the paper about him is good and that is the way it should be he is a roll model for any kid boy or girl great time over the years watching him he will be missed.

Bob_Himmelein

Reaction score
You don't have to like New York but you have to like Jeter because he has always played the game the right way and the only thing you ever read in the paper about him is good and that is the way it should be he is a roll model for any kid boy or girl great time over the years watching him he will be missed.

You can put him in the same class as Cal Ripken Jr. Hope he continues to be a part of the game in some aspect.

Westler33

Reaction score
I was glad to see him get a double his first time up tonight. Would be nice to see him get a HR or a walk off hit to win the game that would sum up what he means to baseball.

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
499d5723a288d0e669ec7b977eec1ccc_crop_north.jpg

Lenski65

Reaction score
[video=youtube;AejNA_42RRA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AejNA_42RRA[/video]

Run26

Reaction score
I was glad to see him get a double his first time up tonight. Would be nice to see him get a HR or a walk off hit to win the game that would sum up what he means to baseball.

WOW! what lottery numbers are you seeing right now? PM me, quick.

Hilliarddad3

Reaction score
Munson, Mattingly and Jeter,

Enough said and I despise the Yankees......

johninvandergrift

Reaction score
A true professional! Even in his final at bat in Yankee Stadium. Bottom 9th, leadoff runner gets on. Runner sacrificed to 2nd base for Jeter. Jeter hits the ball through the right side. If he pulls that they don't score. 20 years watching a professional play baseball like a professional. That's why he should be emulated.

SoCal_Dad

Reaction score
It was a great moment made possible by O's skipper not walking Jeter - kudos to Buck for letting Jeter have the opportunity.

fpitchdad

Reaction score
I have never liked the Yankees nor will I ever, but I have a lot of respect for Jeter, he has always been a class act, and he did a great job hitting that fatty that was thrown perfectly down the middle for him to get the game winning hit. :)