The Truth - Rocket Tech

CF for North Ohio Heat ripped a homer over the fence against us and was swinging a RT. Long. Real nice player by the way.

I have seen post after post on the RT. I even saw where a RT rep said the 2005 RT is the same bat as the 2004.

I see used RT selling for upwards of 2x the price of a NEW 2005 RT. yes, $400

You see posts that state even the best bat has only a 10% higher trampoline effect over the next bat. i.e., 170 feet flyout is now 187 feet over the fence?

What is the truth?

I got my 14 year old a 2005 Rocket tech this year and she has hit 6 home runs. This bat is very different then the -11's and -12's. It will take some time to get used to. When I first got it, she kept switching back and forth with her old bat until finally, the only thing she will pick up is the Rocket tech.

The ball comes off the bat much harder and there is very little reaction time from the defense trying to field the ball. There is a huge advantage if a player has the arm strenght to use this bat. Someone without arm strenght will most likely become frustrated and go back to the light -11's or -12's because they are easier to swing.

The 2004 is hotter then the 2005. Maybe Anderson saw the response from the 2004 and backed off on the 2005 thinking they would be looked at to closely. However, the 2005 is surely a producing bat. The 2005 still dampens vibration and is multi walled. Off a tee, I have cranked them well over 220 fences.

Classics10U

Just so the story is straight the girl who hit the homerun against the sunraze was our shortstop and not a very big girl at that. The difference the Rockettech makes is that now the girls with the nice swing are getting the same hard, linedrive hits that the girls have gotten in the past with the huge swing. The homerun that is being mentioned here never got more than about fifteen feet off of the ground and was a line shot the whole way. My daughter was using a Synergy because she had never hit a endloaded bat in the past. One of the girls on the team talked her into trying it. She hit with it once and guess what? The Synergy went in the bag and has not come out since. Great bat but still need a good swing to make it work. That is what the bat has taught our girls. ;D

Some straight talk on the Rocket Tech!!

One of the best bats on the market in the last five years!!!

Once you get used to the bat it is scary, The ball off of the bat at a very high speed.

I honesty believe that you must have the proper hitting mechanics to utilize the Rocket Tech 100%. A short downward compact swing is dangerous with this bat

I bought my dd this bat this year after she had completed 7 years with one of the best local batting instructers in Cincy and she is hitting the ball very nice on EVERY at bat.. The bat she was using was a -10 Wicked by worth. She was swing too quick with the lighter bat. The Rocket TEch has been a life saver...

Cincy Chill

Last edited by a moderator:

So the general consensus is to get a used 2004, in good shape, over a new 2005? That sounds absurd. I am not questioning you, by any stretch of the imagination, it just sounds odd. :eek:

31 OF OUR 32 HOMERUNS ARE FROM ROCKETTECHS. NOT BAD FOR ALL 13 YEAR OLDS. WE LOVE 'EM. :) :) :) :) :)

My Advise-

Buy one and learn how to hit it.....!!!

Cincy CHill

Some confusion here I think. The girl from the Heat that hit the homerun was using a 2005 Rockettech not a 2004. And yes the ball does jump off of the bat with "THE RIGHT MECHANICS". Some mistakes that are made when purchasing this bat is that it is a cure all, fix all. It only adds power to a good swing.

During the WCWS, I noticed that the ladies were walking up to the plate with one of 2 bats, the Synergy or the yellow TPS. The first thought I had was, I wonder how many were given to the teams because the manufaturers knew they would get TV exposure? Heck, your HS team got one for free, do you think it was much of a problem for a good college tteam to get one, or 20? You just can't buy advertising like they got. Just a thought.
BTW...Anderson says the only difference between 2004 & 2005 is the graphics...

Mechanics are a big key in getting the most out of the rockettech.

I sell them at the Thunderplex and make sure that the girls and their parents realize that you need a proper swing. If you swing with your arms - the bat head will trail. This is not something indicitave of the Rockettech - but of all End Loaded bats. If you swing for contact, with a controlled placement of bat on the ball, and have a good snap - the ball will fly. Swing for the fence - and forget it.

Which model RT are you talking about? Also, does anyone have an opinion on the DeMarini bats? Thanks

cincychill said:
My Advise-

Buy one and learn how to hit it.....!!!

Cincy CHill

Let me reverse that...

Learn how to hit and then buy one

We have a 2005 Rocket Tech for our U-14 team and I can only echo what has been posted about it. The ball gets through the infield like a scared rabbit. My players that turn around and slap from the left side don't bunt anymore, they just look for a hole in the defense and poke it through. The hitters on the team just crush the ball with it. It is amazing how much hotter the RT bat is compared to most of the bats out there.

Played a team a few weeks ago and we had a lot of success that day. The coach was overheard telling his team that the difference was that we were using RT's, but he was going to get a few and they would get us next time. Fast forward a couple weeks and we play again (similar result to first time), coach is overheard telling team to forget about using RT's and go back to their old bats.

As one of his own players said, the swing has a lot to do with it!

My question is how much longer are bat makers going to produce bats that make the ball jump off faster and harder? Will it be after someone is killed or seriously injured.
If you want to hit hard then practice, practice, practice.

My daughter in 2 tournaments since buying her a RT has hit 6 doubles and 1 triple as a 12 year old . Might have had a couple homeruns if playing with a liget fence . As you say , it takes a good swing to hit the ball but there is a big diffrence .

Just a thought to consider........

The beginning of softball season is usually COLD... and can you pick up a RT? NO! ?Synergy! If it is under 60 F the RT can (and it just might) be damaged! ?That's just one of the reasons I go with a Synergy.

~!Z-UniT00!~ ?;D

I just checked with Easton's web site as to their warranty on their bats. It says the warranty is void if used in a batting cage, or if used below 60 degrees. I did not see that it only applies to certain Easton bats. It seemed to apply to all bats. Would this not be the same restrictions as the Rocket Tech? I was also told that if you purchase a new RT, the company will sell you a used, damaged bat for use in the batting cage, so as not to damage the new one. Our daughter is currently using a Demarini F2, so it's not like I have a preference for either Easton or RT.