This is what is wrong with professional sports

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
We all paid for it.... there has to be something more important than this going on in the fbi's little circle of life.....

HITTER23

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I say we protest !!!

7614ea03a1ce7e9ba22121ec488c5f57.jpg

allcorners

Reaction score
Hah.....if we protest.....we would have to take some time off from our JOBS. I dont know about you, but I need all my time for the tournaments that sched. games on Fridays!

manitoudan

Reaction score
Pretty positive the Russians took it . According to CNN and Msnbc

yossarian

Reaction score
The FBI spending time on this reminds me of a conversation with my wife:

Her: Did you finishing painting the kitchen?
Me: No, but I did change a lightbulb.

Long Baller

Reaction score
Just like when Congress got involved investigating steroid use in Major League Baseball. I never understood that one either.... :confused:

Last edited:

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Just like when Congress got involved investigating steroid use in Major League Baseball. I never understood that one either.... :confused:

mcgwire-b-and-a-21.jpg

See that ^^^^

It was all natural and all was right in the world when a good ole blonde hair blue eyed white boy gained 70ish pounds of lean muscle in his mid 30s. He did it one honest-to-goodness, wholesome, clean glass of milk at a time.

The investigations didn't start until a black guy did it..

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
I know it is wrong to do, but does anyone feel sorry for enjoying the home run record chase of '98 between him and Sosa? I have a hard time being mad at big Mac even though I knew he was cheating. I guess it was a train wreck of sorts and I couldn't look away.......

mike_dyer

Reaction score
I know it is wrong to do, but does anyone feel sorry for enjoying the home run record chase of '98 between him and Sosa? I have a hard time being mad at big Mac even though I knew he was cheating. I guess it was a train wreck of sorts and I couldn't look away.......

It's a shame Sosa didn't pull it off. The investigations could have started a three years earlier...

Long Baller

Reaction score
attachment.php

See that ^^^^

It was all natural and all was right in the world when a good ole blonde hair blue eyed white boy gained 70ish pounds of lean muscle in his mid 30s. He did it one honest-to-goodness, wholesome, clean glass of milk at a time.

The investigations didn't start until a black guy did it..

I can't stand cheaters, but I don't know why the government was involved. That's all.....

mike_dyer

Reaction score
I'm not even really sure why it's considered cheating.

When an actress or actor gets some surgery to enhance themselves is that "cheating"?

Tiger Woods was a middle of the pack pro golfer before having lasik surgery. He ended up with 20/15 vision after surgery and he started winning everything. What's the difference?

Louuuuu

Reaction score
... because a nose job or lasik surgery doesn't lead to a giant head. Or shrinking testicles. Or 'roid rage.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
They are all doing it, and the thing is that it's not 1986.

And I'm not really sure how someone else's giant head or shriveled plums effects you, but I s'pose the rules are there because they might...

Louuuuu

Reaction score
Yep. The FDA did years of studies so that Louuuuu wouldn't lose his appreciation of aesthetic proportioning in the human body.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Right.

I, of course, wasn't referring to rule crazy bootlickers at large when I commented about the condition of the genitalia of others and the effect it has or could have on the general public.

I obviously meant you, personally.

You're so vain, you prolly think this post is about you. ;)

CARDS

Reaction score
Website
www.wearecolerain.com
Coaches and athletes have been looking for an edge since the development of sport...Thus why we have rules...
How many remember HS / College football back in the late 70s early 80s and pam cooking spray, halls cough drops or Vicks vapor rub that was used prior or during contest. spray on adhesive on gloves stick em etc.
In recent years with softball the use of softball uniform masking with colors sleeves with ball outlines, pitchers using tacky finger, clear medical tape just to mention a few.

The article attached is a whole new level....

http://www.chicagonow.com/the-athletes-sports-experience-making-a-difference/2012/09/youth-sports-tommy-john-surgery-next-elective-performance-enhancement%E2%80%A6say-what/

Last edited:

brownsfan

Reaction score
This is what I find extremely laughable about all of this. There's 53 players, maybe 15-20 coaches, maybe 15-20 front office staff, maybe 50 media members, possibly 10-20 staff that handles the food, trash, and stuff, and let's not forget security....yet NO ONE saw this happen. I mean really?

Long Baller

Reaction score
Coaches and athletes have been looking for an edge since the development of sport...Thus why we have rules...
How many remember HS / College football back in the late 70s early 80s and pam cooking spray, halls cough drops or Vicks vapor rub that was used prior or during contest. spray on adhesive on gloves stick em etc.
In recent years with softball the use of softball uniform masking with colors sleeves with ball outlines, pitchers using tacky finger, clear medical tape just to mention a few.

The article attached is a whole new level....

http://www.chicagonow.com/the-athle...xt-elective-performance-enhancement…say-what/

That is an interesting article you linked, and it made me think about something else that I saw recently.....

I don't post much on this forum, but I do like to visit other sports site forums quite a bit. I was on a motorcycle racing forum recently, and there was a discussion about the use Adderall as a performance enhancing drug vs. it's intended use to treat ADHD. What I got out of the whole discussion was that the younger generations dismiss the whole concept of performance enhancers in general. They feel that anything you take, in that particular case Adderall, simply gets you to your "baseline" that you should be at, regardless of any true medical need or not. The "older" generations (I am a Gen-X'er) feel that your natural state without any medical intervention is your true baseline, and taking any "PEDs" is therefore cheating. There definitely seems to be a shift in generational mindset.

I have always wondered about "Sports Induced Asthma". Never heard of it when I was growing up. I know more than a few parents (none of them were softball parents however) that were very eager to get their kids prescribed inhalers because they couldn't get up and down the soccer field or basketball court like the competition could. Is this really a thing, or are all these kids just our of shape and the "never at fault" parents can't accept it?