Thoughts on Miken Maniac bat

Has anyone seen or used the new Miken Maniac bat, and what are your thoughts??????

We've got one. It's another good bat, similar to the Synergy or Catalyst. Other than the feel of them, they're pretty similar in performance in my opinion.

tomuch- What a ridiculous post. I hope and pray your DD never is injured as a result of the new bats and balls being used. This is the #1 issue facing softball today. To use the ostrich philosophy is simply ignoring reality.

In addition, it's not only softball. This is a baseball issue too and there has been fatalities in youth baseball. It's time we wake up and deal with reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

If we are talking strictly Miken Bats, it's pretty hard to beat the performance of the original M-Pulse.

NOT IMPRESSED. TWO KIDS ON OUR TEAM HAVE BROKEN THEM AT THE HANDLE. MIKEN WILL REPLACE BUT IT TAKES 30-DAYS. BOTH KIDS STOPPED USING THE BAT AND WENT TO THE 2005 ROCKETECH WHICH SEEMS TO WORK WELL.

I do not have a DD that plays this great game. I am only a high school and travel ball coach (for 15 years) and quite simply, the bat technology has changed the game and made it significantly more dangerous than it was five years ago.

Those around the game realize this and we can only hope that something is done to protect the ladies and promote the game. Those who pretend it isn't happening, that is sad.

You are right on DO54. The fact is these bats don't make bad hitters good ones. They don't help girls hit more balls. They make great hitters dangerous hitters increasing the speed of the ball coming off the bat. This is a technology change that is bad for the sport. You want more runs or hits, move the rubber back. I don't want to see the pitchers and 3rd base all wearing gamefaces. In the men's game as the bats got to hot, they outlawed some bats and softened the balls.

Got to be a better solution than teaching pitchers to protect their face.

Thanks bballcoach- In the mens game, I seen slap hitters suddenly start hitting 300+ foot home runs that they never were capable of before. In golf, guys that used to hit 225 yd drives now hit it 300 yards and have made some golf courses obsolete.

Unfortunately, it's a tough battle against the sports manufacturers and their money. I hope the OHSAA, ASA, USSSA, etc.. make some intelligent decisions.

I play for a 12u fastpitch softball team and i have a m-pulse. I like the bat alot! our team is doing a fundraiser to buy a rocket tech. and the maniac for our team. we have played alot of tourn. and won alot this year but we still need to level out the playing field because alot of teams are using these bats.