Toledo tuneup

Were can you find the final standings.look for the 16-u but would like too see all

They usually put it on their website but it hasn't been updated yet.

Some age brackets have partial standings on the USSSA site. 12U "A" is posted for Friday night.

12U "A" was won by the Adrian Lookouts. We ended up with 2nd place. The Lookouts and us played each other our last game of the tune-up. We were both 6-0 going into the game. They are a very solid team with big hitter and solid pitching. Final score was 5-0. We had runners on each inning but couldn't string enough hits together to plate anything. The Michigan Warriors took third. This is from the big board at CYO. As always, it was a nice tournament. I'm still not a fan of the drop dead time limits but it is what it is.

We had wins over:
SGS Magic Blue
Michigan Warriors
Breakers
The Stingrays
Lady Irish
Tecumseh Panthers.

I do want to give a shout out to the SGS Magic Blue players and coaches. We've played them twice now and it is apparent they are a classy group of players, coaches and parents. They are always positive in every way. The Lady Irish and Stingrays are also in that category, just good people.

Congrats Mike, your team definately had a great weekend. The talent in that "A" Pool was excellent. One of the main reasons we like to go up there every year.

The drop dead time limits are a negative for sure. Denny needs to find a better way to do that.

The North Coast Spirit 10U went 7-0 in the 10U "A"
The Wizards I believe went 6-1 and are a great team and the Michigan Finesse played great as well.
Hats off to Denny what a great job he did putting on this tourney, very impressive!!

Thanks, you were a classy bunch too. I hope that we end up with a rematch again some day. Good game!

12u "B" Bracket

1) W. Mich Sabercats 7-0
2) Elyria 6-1
3) Ohio Hustle 4-2-1
4) Windsor Wildcats 3-3-1
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) ?

In the 18 and Under Open Division, we where able to go 6-0. Gave up only 8 runs in 6 games, 7 of those was in one game against the Lady Charmers. Ohio thank you for your hospitality. Best of luck to all the teams we played. Does anyone know when the official final results will be out, or posted? Thank you.

Great parks to play softball in. Great weather and we had very good umpires.

Well it was my frist trip to the tuneup and personally had a blast !!!

Great fields ,all our games were almost back to back so we had alot of free time for the girls and parents to mingle.

On the 12u "A" fields we took our lumps,.....had some very good innings but eventuially the lookouts,SGS teams,breakers and the lady irish knocked us around a bit.

Were very young as 5 of our players can still play 10u and our 3,12 year olds are in their first year of fastpitch.

Im very proud of our girls as they werent intimidated and never gave up......a triple play was the highlight of their trip and will never be forgotten !

As always, the Tune Up provides a lot of games, with good competition, at nice facilities. I also hate the drop dead time limit, although I will say that it really only affected one of our games as we had to stop in the middle of an IT....now that was just silly...lol...but we did have 10 minutes left after 7, so it could have made a difference...end result though was still a tie and made a difference in the final standings.

We had a nice weekend, going 5-0-1 and finishing 3rd (we believe) in the 16U "B" pools behind two undeafted teams, the Miami Valley Vipers and the Maumee Thunder (neither of whom we had the pleasure of playing). Kudos to the North Coast Spirit team who was very sound on the mound and at the plate. Great young ladies and quality coaches.

I'd be interested to hear thoughts on the showcase for anyone who participated...maybe that should even be another thread.

Denny runs a great tournament, especially considering how many facilities, teams, and this year adding the college showcase events.
I completely understand the need for the drop dead, BUT, maybe it could be tweeked. I'd like to keep the drop dead if the visiting team is batting, and revert back. But if the home team is batting, finish the inning. This will help complete games and still help with the huge schedule to stay on time. It's hard to argue though, every one of our games started on time, and that's important when it's hot and your trying to keep your team on schedule and focused. Many kudos to Denny and all his site directors for rumnning a clean tournament.

Got to play the Ohio Wave and the Miami Vally Vipers. Our first two games Ouch! But being a 15U team with some 14's it was a good eye opener. After that we had a good tourney. Both are very good teams. My comment on a game I watched. Here is the issue of time going off with the last batter. Runner in scoring postion so now you play games, because of the clock. . Walk her game over. Why I don't like the rule! Coaches know how to play the game, instead of letting the best team win it on the field.

Match up the Wave and Vipers would be fun to watch.

Got to play the Ohio Wave and the Miami Vally Vipers. Our first two games Ouch! But being a 15U team with some 14's it was a good eye opener. After that we had a good tourney. Both are very good teams. My comment on a game I watched. Here is the issue of time going off with the last batter. Runner in scoring postion so now you play games, because of the clock. . Walk her game over. Why I don't like the rule! Coaches know how to play the game, instead of letting the best team win it on the field.

Match up the Wave and Vipers would be fun to watch.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it over to see game between you guys and the Wave but all of our games except for one were at the same time. Not to mention 25 minutes apart.

Actually our Ohio Wave team is a 15U team as well. 4 or 5 of the players moved up from our 14U teams last season one played on last years 16U team as a 14 year old. The rest were some awesome new additions from the Lima area, and one more from West Liberty. As they play together a little more they will be a handfull.

I'm not sure if they play at any other tournaments that the Vipers will be at but maybe they can arrange a scrimmage. I'm with you 100% on the stupid drop dead rule. It is one thing that will keep my team from participating in a tournament. Without a doubt the dumbest rule ever to come along in fastpitch. No place for it in this game.

the results are posted on USSSA I think, and Denny is wrapping everything up to post on our website [he had an out of town commitment that he left for after the last game, busy guy!]

I recieved this tonight:

Coaches,
Thanks for competing in this years SGS Toledo Tune-up/Midwest College Showcase tournament.
I have put the results for the pool games on the USSSA.com web site.
One problem. I wanted each team to see scores for all their pool games.The USSSA web site uses run differential. In our tournament we only used runs allowed as a tie breaker.
Therefore the results on the USSSA web site,in many cases, are not listed correctly.
Looking at all the games, the results are:

10U

1. North Coast Spirit
2. Wizards 10U
3. Lady Lightning
4. SGS Magic Red

12U "A"

1 Adrian Lookouts
2. Ohio Wave Blue
3. Michigan Warriors
4. Gold Fastpitch Jones

12U "B"

1. W. MI Sabrecats
2. Metro Express
3. ESO Daly
4. Heart of Ohio

14U "A"

1. Ohio Wave
2. Vengeance
3. Lady Lasers
4. Mattawan Thundercats

14U "B"

1. Brantford Bobcats
2. Windsor Wildcats
3. Whitby Eagles
4. OFC Xplosion

16U "A"

1. Pittsburgh Power
2. Adrian Lookouts
3. Compuware
4. N. IL. Heatwave

16U "B"

1. Miami Valley Vipers
2. Maumee Thunder
3. Ohio Wave-Kite
4. Marion Diamonds-Meddings

18U "A"

1. SGS Magic White
2. Miami Valley Express
3. Lady Irish Blue
4. SGS Magic Red

18U "B"

1. Connellsville Cyclones
2. Pittsburg Freedom 16U
3. Windsor Wildcats
4. Metro Express

Please go to USSSA.com and view the complete brackets.

Thanks,
Denny