Travel Coaches who coach more than one travel softball teams during the same season

Longlivefastpitch03

Reaction score
I just wanted thoughts about coaches who coach more than 1 travel softball team during the same season. Is this a common thing? It seems to occur more and more. what are peoples thoughts about this?

Louuuuu

Reaction score
Re: Travel Coaches who coach more than one travel softball teams during the same seas

I've never heard of that. But there's always a new rat in the race...

How would you handle Sundays if both teams are advancing? You gotta bail on one team at some point.

Could it be Extreme Daddyball-ism? With two daughters in two age divisions?

CoachNate

Reaction score
Re: Travel Coaches who coach more than one travel softball teams during the same seas

Never heard of that either. Like Louuuuuuu stated above. How would you even accomplish this?

joboo1drew

Reaction score
I have heard of it only once. He had dd's in 2 separate age groups. He had really good assistant coaches, which is the only way I think it could work out.

FastBat

Reaction score

Same here, I've only heard of it once and a little different than above, however the coach was extremely successful. I doubt a large percent of coaches would actually be able to pull it off, let alone successfully. A coach would probably have to have a large number of years in coaching, an exceptional staff-on both teams, and a vast knowledge of the game; to name a few qualities. Time management would be another plus.

fishndownsouth

Reaction score

In southwest Ohio, OFC Heat and Cincy Slammers both have this situation at the younger ages. Slammers 02 and "03" coach has been the same the last 2 years. I was at a tournament this past weekend in Indy, and the coach had both teams in the tournament. She coached both, and several girls played for both, all weekend. In bracket play, the teams had to face each other in round 1; how ironic. She called pitches for both teams in this game. The assistants managed everything else. After the "03" team beat the 02 team, she brought along several 02 girls with the "03" team to the next round, and won when a 02 girl hit a game winning home run as a pinch hitter. It was pretty cool. And interesting.

FastBat

Reaction score

/\/\/\/\/\If it wasn't sanctioned, then no. The older team lost to the younger team, older doesn't always give an advantage, but if that wasn't spelled out, then not illegal. Fair? Life isn't!:)