University of Akron Indoor 12/14/14 - Player Injury

softballsurfer

Reaction score
DD's high school team attended University of Akron for games yesterday. We witnessed a player from another team take a line drive to the face at 1B. She was taken off the field by squad. Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how she's doing. Looked pretty serious from our vantage point.

Stedman00

Reaction score
OK, i'll be the first to ask it, "Was she wearing a facemask?" Hopefully it looked worse than it was. best wishes for speedy recovery.

softballsurfer

Reaction score
We were standing behind her at quite a distance, but I do not believe she was wearing one.

DW@SBC

Reaction score
Field #1 at the Akron indoor camp did not have all of the lighting working and was dangerous for anyone playing. Hopefully this wasn't on that field.

pride1

Reaction score
My DD played there a couple weeks ago and lighting was horrible especially that night. Very hard to pick the ball up in there. I hope all is well this this young lady. Hoping for a speedy recovery for her!

wboggs54

Reaction score
This is part of an email sent out from UA. I will agree that it seemed to be pretty dark on that side, and our outfielders had a hard time with high fly balls, but seemed to do fine with the lower ones. Best wishes to this young lady and hope its a speedy recovery....

First, we are in the process of getting new lights in the field house. You will notice a huge difference between the east side of the building and the west side of the building. Please note that the west side is EXACTLY AS WAS PLAYED last Sunday, last year, last week. BUT, since we have new lights on the east end, it seems very dark on the west end. It is a noticeable difference, but we played “in the dark”(apparently) for years and will have to do so on one field on Sunday as well. So, please be patient with our upgrades which are being replaced one row at a time. Once it is done, it will only add to the top notch facility that we have at UA!