upcoming 99's

Any opinions on which upcoming 99 teams in there first year of 14u will be tough? Just curious on opinions..:cap:

The Diamond Chix Gold are always tough, good team, good coaches.

I got a chance to watch Lasers 99 Purple a couple months ago- very nice team made up of mostly 8th graders. In my opinion, they can compete with some of the BEST 98 teams and hold their own against 97's.

In no particular order:
Chix
Stingrays
Power
Lasers - Purple
Wolfpack
Glory '99 - Navy
Classics '99

Don't forget Hawks - Kepple.

All of the teams listed are good. I think the class of '98 is very tough. They will need to bring their "A" game to compete. It is possible though, just look at what the Thunder Elite and Ice Orange did in 12u this year as 11's.

Don't forget Hawks - Kepple.

All of the teams listed are good. I think the class of '98 is very tough. They will need to bring their "A" game to compete. It is possible though, just look at what the Thunder Elite and Ice Orange did in 12u this year as 11's.
Well said. Thunder Elite and Ice Orange were very VERY competitive against older kids! It should be interesting seeing how the 99's stack up against say ....... Grand Slam? Or that caliber of team? :confused:

Good luck to all of the '99's. It was a fun year playing all of you. See you all in 2014.....

Kepple did look good at Beavercreek this weekend playing 16u

Well said. Thunder Elite and Ice Orange were very VERY competitive against older kids! It should be interesting seeing how the 99's stack up against say ....... Grand Slam? Or that caliber of team? :confused:

Well, Grand Slam is no more. They are now part of the Laser Organization. Well, a chunk of that team, anyway.

The Emeralds picked up a good little pitcher. She will certainly help them out.

I do think that this is the age group that some of the talent begins to even out. Not all, for sure. It will be interesting to see how 2013 shakes out.

Well, Grand Slam is no more. They are now part of the Laser Organization. Well, a chunk of that team, anyway.

The Emeralds picked up a good little pitcher. She will certainly help them out.

I do think that this is the age group that some of the talent begins to even out. Not all, for sure. It will be interesting to see how 2013 shakes out.
I know the pitcher the emeralds picked up. She's from Pennsylvania. She is good, throws a very good change to compliment her fastball.
It'll be fun to face them and all the other new (and old) teams around. Good luck to all teams this year. Its gonna be a blast!

Yes, I know. She played for Power Herron last year. We faced her a few times. All I can say is, don't count anybody out. I've seen some surprising talent on teams that have often been overlooked.

Trust me...Its not always the teams you know about. Here in SWO we are building towards something really competetive. Last year we done really well in 12u beating some of your top 10 teams. We have reloaded with some great additions from some top 99 teams from last year and cant wait until our fall tourneys to see where we stand. Looking to compete with the best in 2013! (as a coach, I'm not sure I should post this, but these girls should start to gain some acknowledgement) :)

Generally, it's best to let someone else toot your horn...lol. Best of luck to you guys!

Honestly, I will never toot my horn. It's a credit to our girls, not me. I'm just a knucklehead out there having a blast. I just dont understand why SWO never gets any luv. That is unless you play for ..... , well, you know. :)

I haven't seen any team on here get credit for anything they haven't earned.

The number of teams on the list should be...........

How many 14U teams are there in Ohio????

Honestly, I will never toot my horn. It's a credit to our girls, not me. I'm just a knucklehead out there having a blast. I just dont understand why SWO never gets any luv. That is unless you play for ..... , well, you know. :)

They do when they show well in the bigger tournaments, like Stingrays, Lasers and GAPSS in Ohio and the big ones outside of Ohio. Examples are MVX, Doom, some of the Hawks teams, Static and others.

We do not generally draw northern teams in too many of our tournaments in SWO, with the exception of Dayton Metro or last year with ASA States.

It's too early to tell, the teams listed above were very good 12U teams so it is safe to assume that they will transition to good 14U team as well. I don't want to toot our horn but the Hurricanes Burk is looking very good this year. It will be fun playing as many of the top teams we can. So anyone interested in a scrimmage reach out. 99 & 98's. Thank you for listening and everyone have a great off season of practice.

Like Joboo said, the '98s are a tough age group and anyone with all 99's better bring their A game regardless of how good they were in 12u. This thread should be more like......who's the 14u teams to look out for?

I have about half 98's and half 99's but most of my 99's played up in 14u last year and already have some 14u experience. So to me, the age group really isn't that relevant because you won't be playing only 99's.

HAHA.... things that make you go hmmmmm;&