Update List of Regional Pitching Instructors - Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, West Virginia, Michigan

Discussion in 'Regional Pitching Instructors' started by TheSoftballZone, Jan 25, 2016.

1. TheSoftballZone

TheSoftballZone Administrator

Help us update Regional Pitching Instructors in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, West Virginia, Michigan, Indiana and New York.

Please include the following information in your reply

Region
    Name
    Contact
    Training Facility
    Bio if available

Example

Western Pennsylvania
    Joe Smith
    000.000.0000 or email@email.com
    Big Indoor
    Bio - if available

Once we get a good list started we will move this thread into the pitchers section of the Web site.

2. LADY lOOKOUTS

LADY lOOKOUTS Member

Northeast Ohio
    Alanna Barker
    abpitching@gmail.com
    AB Pitching Academy and Fitness
    4 time defending State Champ Div 1 ( Akron Springfield)
    93-3 high school record ( more stats available online)
    Ohio University
    Muskingum University former pitching coach
    More credentials upon request

3. coachjwb

coachjwb Well-Known Member

Northeast Ohio
    Sarah Baker
    scbaker3@gmail.com
    T3 Performance - Avon
    Career wins record - Baldwin Wallace University
    4 year letter winner, two year captain and Senior Female Athlete of the Year (2012)
    Former pitching/assistant coach at Tri-C
    Former travel coach 12U and 16U
    4 year letter winner and North Coast League MVP in High School

4. Central Ohio
    AMBER NOICE Field of Dreams Practice Facility & Training Academy-Lancaster OH
    PLAYING EXPERIENCE:
    Graduated from Fairfield Union High School-lettered in Varsity softball,
    Muskingum College and trained at the collegiate level under the well-respected coach, Donna Newberry.
    Amber was a starting pitcher for Ohio University-Lancaster.

PLAYING ACCOMPLISHMENTS: 1st Team All-Conference at Ohio University, Lancaster in 2012 & 2013 & recipient of the Scholar Athlete Award.
    Amber Participated in the ?Queen of Diamonds? Showcase tournaments, in both Rock Hill SC & at Kent State University.

COACHING EXPERIENCE: Amber has been a pitching instructor at Field of Dreams since our Grand Opening and has coached dozens of girls and given hundreds of lessons.

TEACHING/INSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE: Amber has been teaching young pitchers since 2009

CONTACT INFO:
    ambernoice@live.com
    740-438-8809

Field of Dreams Contact info:
    fieldofdreams2013@att.net
    740-653-3463
    www.fieldofdreamsohio.com

5. daboss

daboss Active Member

Southwest Ohio
    Paul Hazlett aka Daboss
    phazlett8812@aol.com
    private facility-South Charleston, Ohio
    Master Coach Gold Star level with National Fastpitch Coaches College
    Studied pitching with Ernie Parker
    Certified Pitching Instructor IFPA
    Certified Pitching Instructor on National Pitching Instructors Registry
    served a term on the NFCA national committee representing travel coaches
    available for group clinics and fundraising events to promote fastpitch in your area
    1 on 1 instruction by appt only - no fee
    lessons November - March after March 1 by appt only

6. ADido020

ADido020 Member

Northeast Ohio
    Ashley DiDomenico
    (330)261-6040 ADido020@gmail.com
    Owner of Strike Zone Training Center (Boardman Ohio)
    -High School: 4yr letterwinner/all conference (Boardman High School)
    -Collegiate: Pitched for Purdue University and holds a University record: most innings pitched in a game by a single pitcher (12 inings and won)
    -Coaching since college graduation in 2009.
    -Founder of Ohio Warriors Athletics and Head Coach of Ohio Warriors '04

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  7. ALOFastpitch

ALOFastpitch Member

Northeast Ohio
    Leffew Fastpitch
    Pitching staff headed by Amie OBrien and Dave Leffew

Safe and effective personalized pitching instruction for girls and young women of all ages.

We strive to teach the safest and most effective methods of pitching. The coaching staff continually educates itself on the latest in fastpitch trends and techniques in order to develop strong, intelligent, and dynamic pitchers. We strongly believe that any girl can be a good pitcher with the right set of skills and the motivation to work hard!

Opening in September 2016 at 7725 victory lane, north ridgeville Ohio 44039
    19,250 square feet building with almost 12,000 square feet dedicated to training
    Flexible training floor plan will allow up to nine individual cages of various sizes;
    Practice stalls (tee work, pitching drills; catching reps);
    Evaluation area on the mezzanine level: Dartfish Video and Forceplate Biomechanical Evaluation Equipment;
    27 ft peak ceiling height in training facility;
    LED lighting;
    Upper windows for natural light;
    Air conditioned/heated
    Large overhead fans for circulation;
    Parent?s Observation Deck;

8. luv4softball15

luv4softball15 New Member

Central Ohio
    *Looking for young girls that want pitching lessons in the Columbus, OH area.

Name: Angela Westenkirchner
    Email: southpawstar15@hotmail.com
    Phone Number: (614)306-2090
    *will most likely come to you and/or in the process of finding a training facility to use during the lesson.

PLAYING EXPERIENCE:
    *Started playing softball at 6 years old
    *10U Rec softball league with Maumee Purple
    *10U/12U/14U/16U/18U/18Over travel ball with Northwest Ohio Sting (Ohio Sting); Express
    *Played for Maumee High School (4 years)-earned several awards
    *Played pitcher and first base for Ashland University (4 years)-earned several awards
    *Played for two USA softball teams in Paris, France and Prague, Czech Republic
    *Attended softball camps at Kent State University; Ohio State University; Akron University

COACHING EXPERIENCE: During my time at Ashland University, I helped host several softball camps at our practice facility for young girls. I also had several young girls that completed private pitching lessons and hitting lessons with me during my four years there. I have also coached a 10U softball team in Maumee, OH. I currently have one private pitching lesson, who is a beginner and would like to receive more young girls.

TEACHING/INSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE: I have been teaching young girls how to pitch since 2006. I have also included hitting lessons and fielding lessons to the client's discretion.

9. zbeet

zbeet New Member

LOOKING FOR PITCHERS IN KENT, STREETSBORO, TWINSBURG, TALLMADGE, RAVENNA OR LORAIN COUNTY

I am a former varsity and tournament ball pitcher. I have pitched for 10+ years and was trained by Leffew Fastpitch for majority of those years. I have given lessons for the past 4 years to girls 10u through high school. I am currently studying a Kent State and looking to give lessons to girls near there. I am also interested in picking up more girls at home (Lorain County) for weekends and breaks. I also work with teams and do team pitching sessions as well.

I work on mechanics, speed drills, and spin. I have taught girls how to throw change ups, drop balls, screwballs, and am working on curve and rise. If pitchers already have those pitches, I work to improve the location, spin, and speed of the pitch. I'm very big on making sure pitchers have the right spin and mechanics with movement pitches especially. I have everything I need to teach with me. I currently work at local fields and if near the Kent area, will need someone willing to help find an indoor facility. At home (Lorain County) I have an indoor facility to use.

If interested, want a reference, or have any questions, please email me at zbpitching@gmail.com.