USFA Ohio State Championship

West Muskingum High School Softball will host the 2008 10u, 12u, & 14u USFA Ohio State Championship on May 30th ?& 31st and June 1st in Zanesville, Ohio. This is also a National Qualifier with 1st & 2nd place in in each age group recieving a birth in the USFA "A" World Series and 3rd & 4th place recieve a birth in the USFA "B" World series in Panama City Beach, Florida. All others will recieve a birth in the USFA Nationals at a site TBD. This is a 5 game min. weather permitting, for $275 with a $100 deposit by 2/15/08 & $300 after. Tournament Director, Dani Lamonica (Muskingum College) and her staff will be Site Directors for the tournament and have all played in college. They are inviting their coaches as well as other college coaches to be on hand to answer questions regarding the recruiting process. There are no parking or addmission fees and concessions will be at all locations. For information contact Conrad Wilkins at 740-450-0388 or740-819-6159.

Teams as of 2/11/08
14u
W.M. Tornados (Host) P.I.F.
Phoenix 14 P.I.F.
Road Runners P.I.F.
Central Ohio Lady Blaze P.I.F.
Mid Ohio Thunder P.I.F.
West Liberty Force Dep.
Lady Rage Dep.
Guido's Hitmen Dep.
Flamin Fury P.I.F.
Buckeye Heat 93 P.I.F.
Silver Bullets Dep.
Strausburg Tigers P.I.F.
Dover All Stars P.I.F.
Holly Hills USA P.I.F.
Licking Valley P.I.F.
North Baltimore
Philo

Those who have requested registration forms-
Ohio Classics
Ohio Heat
Miami Valley Vipers
Gahanna Lady Lions
Heart of Ohio Explosion
Doylestown Crush
Scioto Storm

12u
Central Ohio Lady Blaze P.I.F.
Silver Bullets Dep.
Stars-n-Stripes Dep.
Phoenix 12u P.I.F.
Buckeye Heat 11U P.I.F.
Flamin Fury P.I.F.
Strausburg Tigers P.I.F.
Dover All Stars P.I.F.
Valley Force Dep.
Extreme Dep.

Teams requesting information
Miami Valley Vipers
Pickerington Extreme
Viking Elite

10u
W.M. Tornados (Host) P.I.F.
Flamin Fury Dep.
Strausburg Tigers P.I.F.
Westerville Warcats (Red) P.I.F.
Valley Force Dep.

The 14u & 12u fields are filling quickly.We will limit the field to the first 12 teams in each division. If you are not able to send the full amount you may send a $100 deposit. If you are entering more than 1 team a $100 deposit will hold the spots for your organization.

Thank You,
Conrad

I will e-mail information to those who have requested it on Monday (11/19/07) evening. This includes Ohio Heat, Dover All Stars, Miami Valley Vipers, Ohio Classics, Phoenix, West M All Stars, and West Liberty. It looks like a good field of teams is starting to take shape and Dani and I as well as the rest of the people involved are exited to have so many good teams interested in playing.

Thank You,
Conrad Wilkins

Yes, I will add you both to the list. Looks like this will be a very competitive field of teams.

Conrad Wilkins
740-450-0388

If you have sent me a PM please send it to this user name. I am unable to log in under my user name. I will update the list of teams requesting information in a day or two.

West Liberty Force 14u Will be sending in forms and payment first of year.
Any updates on teams?
Thanks Mitch

Hi Mitch,
The 14u division is filling up quickly. As soon as I can get the user name problems I am having fixed I will update the teams entered. I have sent information out to 20+ teams in various age groups and we will limit each group to 12 teams.

Conrad

Conrad,
I registered online early this month and printed that out. Filled it all out and sent a check today from the Urbana post office after practice ( check was a deposit of $100.00 will send rest within 2 or 3 weeks). You should have paperwork and check in hand by end of week. Anything on hotels that your wife was working on. Some of us will probably stay at the state camp grounds. We are looking for a late start on Friday or early start on Saturday if possible. Girls are still in school.
Thanks Mitch

I have a list of motels offering discounts for this tournament. I will post them this week end. If you would like them earlier send me a PM, or call me at 740-450-0388.

Conrad

Motels for the tournament are listed below. for any of them mention the USFA tournament to recieve the discount.

Super 8
740-455-3124
Becky
$55.99/night

Econo Lodge
740-452-4511
Amy
$52.99/night

Hampton Inn
740-453-6511
Melisa
$116.10/night
Indoor pool, Etc

Faifield Inn
740-453-8770
$70-$75/night
Indoor pool

Comfort Inn
740-454-4144
$79.99/night (pets $10)
Indoor pool, etc

Best Western
740-453-6300
$74.99 (pets $10)
Indoor pool, etc

The team list has been updated 1/15/08. Looks like a very competitive field is taking shape. Now if I can just survive the cold and snow.

Conrad

Just checking to see if you received email from West liberty Force, Mitch Smith
Please let me know

I have updated the teams and I am looking for several more registrations in the next few weeks. We have been able to get additional fields and will be able to take a few extra teams. We will limit 14u to 16 and the teams already expressing interest on the list will get priority on them. We still look for a total of 24 between 10 & 12u.

Thank You,
Conrad

If you need motel rooms book them now, there is a 3 on 3 bball tournament in town this weekend and they will fill quickly. The team list is updated as well.