USSSA Tournament USSSA - 5th Annual Ohio USSSA/Softball Zone - Futures Invitational - April 21-23, 2017 - Marion, OH

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
attachment.php

5th Annual Ohio USSSA/Softball Zone - "Futures" Invitational - April 22-23, 2017.

A couple of updates for the event:

1. I have sent out some regional invitations to teams that were highly recommended. Again, if you don't see someone on the list that should be invited please notify me so we can get them invited. Word of mouth last season helped us get some great teams to this event.
  2. USA Elite Select (USAES) has modified the process and it actually makes it a little easier. This event is going to be classified as a USSSA/USAES - Dual Super NIT. What this means is teams do not have to also be USAES certified to participate in this event. The top finishing team will be offered the USAES Futures berth and if they choose to accept, then they have to register with USA Elite Select to accept.
  3. With the format we may need to start on Friday evening. Consideration will be given to teams coming the furthest. We will also do 90 minute bracket play games for all age groups.
  4. We will keep the team listings at 8 except for either 10u and/or 11u. These are the two age groups that are the "hottest" right now on invitations and acceptance. 10u/11u will max out at 12 teams. 9u may be combined with 10u and 11u may be combined with 12u. WFC Berths to the high team in each group will still be awarded.

With USAES modifying the format to allow USSSA directors to classify events as USSSA/USAES - Dual Super NIT's, this will give Futures teams the outlet for the competition they crave. We are working with directors in the other parts of the Great Lakes to offer this concept to the teams in their area.

Here is some info on the USA Elite Select Futures Program and Futures World Fast Pitch Championship:

• Event: USA Elite Select - World Fast Pitch Championships (WFC).
  • Date: July 17-23, 2017
  • Location: Kissimmee, FL (with the possibility of Clermont, FL)
  • Age Divisions: 9u/10u/11u/13u
  • Parks: Osceola County Softball Complex, Fortune Rd Softball Complex, Clermont Softball Complex
  • Format: 5 game guarantee (1 Exhibition, 2 seeded pool, double-elim bracket)
  • 13u bracket play will feature full 7 inning games. 9u/10u/11u will feature 90 minute bracket play.
  • July 17th opening day: Team registration and Managers meeting. 13u exposure camp. Opening ceremonies.

Futures WFC Qualifying Process:

• Automatic berths to the top finisher (per age group) from the 2016 Futures WFC.
  • At-large berths as decided by the USA Elite Select committee.
  • WFC Qualifiers (awarded to top finishing single age team who are age eligible for the Futures WFC).
  • Futures WFC Qualifiers - qualifying berths from USSSA tournaments.

If anyone has questions, please call or email me. mike.craig2@usssa.com or 614-895-2253

Thanks!

Host complex is RVBFY - Marion 43302.
Preferred format is 2 pool games seeding into double-elimination bracket play. We may also be able to do 2 game "mini-brackets" for seeding if the final team breakdown stays in 4 (4, 8, or 12 teams).

• Age groups for the Ohio USSSA/Softball Zone Invitational - Futures Dual NIT & WFC Qualifier are 9u, 10u, 11u, & 12u.
  • Link for the Ohio USSSA/Softball Zone Invitational - Futures WFC Qualifier: USA Elite Select/Softball Zone Invitational Sign up.
  • USAES/USSSA also hosts the WFC Championship that was held in Kansas City, KS in July . Click here for details on that event: World Fast Pitch Championships. The 12u division will feature a berth to the event in Kansas City, KS.
  • Entry fee is $450. Tournament is National Qualifier.
  • Invitations will be sent out to teams that participated last year (if they still are together). Then invitations for newer clubs will be sent out. Invited teams will be listed with invited next to their name. When they accept, the invited will be removed. I do request that if you have info on a team that played and splintered or morphed into another team to please send me an e-mail or PM with that info. It will remain confidential.
  • Teams can request more information from Ohio USSSA State director Mike Craig at 614-895-2253 or mike.craig@ohusssafp.org.

Teams that have accepted (3-25-17)

9u/10u:
1. Stingrays 07 (9u)
2. Lasers Teal 06 (10u)
3. MC Madness 10u Red Hool (10u)
4. Lasers Silver 06 (10u)
5. Ohio Ice White (10u)
6. Lids Indiana Dreams 06 (10u)

11u/12u:

11u:
1. Finesse 05 - Heneger
2. MC Madness Red
3. Ohio USSSA Pride 05
4. Ohio Outlaws 05
5. Ohio Hawks 05
6. Miami Valley Xpress 05
7. Valley Rage 05
8. Diamond Chix Premier 05
9. Wizards Gold 05
10. Ohio Blast 05
11. Lids Indiana Dreams 05
12. Pittsburgh Spirit 12u Futures (11u)

12u:
1. Cincy Doom 04
2. Stingrays 05 (12u)
3. Heart of Ohio Glory 04
4. Howard County Inferno 04

Attachments

• USSSA-Futures_small.jpg
    USSSA-Futures_small.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 56
  • FUTURES_WFC2017.jpg
    FUTURES_WFC2017.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Shane

Reaction score
Re: USSSA - 5th Annual USA Elite Select/Softball Zone - Futures Invitational - April 22-23, 2017 - Marion, OH

Need to invite Finesse 06, head coach Matt Martinez, I understand they played some great softball over the weekend!

alborules

Reaction score
Website
www.thesoftballzone.com
Re: USSSA - 5th Annual USA Elite Select/Softball Zone - Futures Invitational - April 22-23, 2017 - Marion, OH

They would be an awesome addition for certain, but it might interfere with Coach Matt's Siena Heights University schedule.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com

A couple of updates for the event:

1. I have sent out some regional invitations to teams that were highly recommended. Again, if you don't see someone on the list that should be invited please notify me so we can get them invited. Word of mouth last season helped us get some great teams to this event.
  2. USA Elite Select has modified the process and it actually makes it a little easier. This event is going to be classified as a USSSA/USAES - Dual Super NIT. What this means is teams do not have to also be USAES certified to participate in this event. The top 2 finishing teams will be offered the USAES Futures berth and if they choose to accept, then they have to register USAES to accept.
  3. With the format we will need to start on Friday evening. Consideration will be given to teams coming the furthest. We will also do 90 minute bracket play games for all age groups.
  4. We will keep the team listings at 8 except for either 10u and/or 11u. These are the two age groups that are the "hottest" right now on invitations and acceptance. 10u/11u will max out at 12 teams.

With USAES modifying the format to allow USSSA directors to classify events as USSSA/USAES - Dual Super NIT's, this will give Futures teams the outlet for the competition they crave. We are working with directors in the other parts of the Great Lakes to offer this concept to the teams in their area.

Here is some info on the USA Elite Select Futures Program and Futures World Fast Pitch Championship:

• Event: USA Elite Select - World Fast Pitch Championships (WFC)
  • Date: July 17-23, 2017
  • Location: Kissimmee, FL (with the possibility of Clermont, FL)
  • Age Divisions: 9u/10u/11u/13u
  • Parks: Osceola County Softball Complex, Fortune Rd Softball Complex, Clermont Softball Complex
  • Format: 5 game guarantee (1 Exhibition, 2 seeded pool, double-elim bracket)
  • 13u bracket play will feature full 7 inning games. 9u/10u/11u will feature 90 minute bracket play.
  • July 17th opening day: Team registration and Managers meeting. 13u exposure camp. Opening ceremonies.

Futures WFC Qualifying Process:

• Automatic berths to the top 2 finishers (per age group) at the 2016 Futures WFC.
  • At-large berths as decided by the USA Elite Select committee.
  • WFC Qualifiers (awarded to top finishing single age teams who are age eligible for the Futures WFC).
  • Futures WFC Qualifiers - qualifying berths from USSSA tournaments.

If anyone has questions, please call or email me. mike.craig2@usssa.com or 614-895-2253

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
Added Stingrays 05 to the 12u. Welcome!

We also updated the invitations for the age groups. If you are a 10u that only has girls that are 2007 birthdays and would like to play the 9u division, contact me so we change your class to 9u.

Last edited:

stevemuck

Reaction score
Any updates on the team list for this tourney? I'd highly recommend WV Firesticks for the 10U division. They looked really tough up at spano. Lady Rex 06 and Indiana Magic Gold (both out of Indiana) are good tough teams and Michigan Batbusters along with Michigan Warriors are two tough teams out of Michigan that would also be good adds.

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
I invited Firesticks and he never responded back. Same with Magic Gold and Batbusters. Right now for the double-elim format, the numbers break down correctly. This should still be a great event especially in the 11u as those are all pretty good teams.

Zville stars

Reaction score
I invited Firesticks and he never responded back. Same with Magic Gold and Batbusters. Right now for the double-elim format, the numbers break down correctly. This should still be a great event especially in the 11u as those are all pretty good teams.

Mike,
When are you looking to have the schedule out?

Reaction score
Website
www.playusssaohio.com
I plan to have it out 2 weeks before the event (Apr 8). I can let you know there will be no Friday evening games.

I do need another 9u or 10u team since the Thunder dropped out. Right now the Stingrays 07 will pick up the 9u Futures berth unless another true 9u enters. If a 9u/10u team has interest, please contact me ASAP

Captain_Thunder

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do need another 9u or 10u team since the Thunder dropped out. Right now the Stingrays 07 will pick up the 9u Futures berth unless another true 9u enters. If a 9u/10u team has interest, please contact me ASAP

Thanks for the call Mike!
Wish the 9U event would have gotten better response.
Look forward to playing in your events in the near future!

Last edited: