USSSA Tournament USSSA Elite Select All American team tryouts

Reaction score
Is this legit or a scam??

I just received an email announcing tryouts for the USSSA Elite Select All American teams. The top 15 players from each region in their age groups (10U, 11U, 12U, 13U & 14U) will be chosen for the regional teams. The regional teams will compete against each other in the First Annual All American Games in Orlando July 13-16, 2015.

http://usaeliteselect.com/all-american/

Is this legit or is this purely a money maker. This costs $125 to try out. I am sure they have a lot of expenses in field rentals and admin costs.

What do you think about this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is this legit or a scam?

This isn't the same type of tryout" that we normally see on here, which is why I felt it was ok to be posted this in the General Softball forum as a general FYI for all Ohio coaches, players and parents.
Would LOVE for some Ohio talent to be showcased in this event.
Good luck to all who go.

Last edited:

The Dude

Reaction score
Wanted to bring my knucklehead to the Michigan tryout, but alas we have a tourney in Myrtle Beach the same week they are playing the actual games. Maybe next year.

Dawgsdad

Reaction score
You can tryout in any region and your DD info will be sent to the region where she would qualify to make the team. We are thinking about doing Pittsburgh even though we belong to the same region as you.

17smom

Reaction score
Proud to announce that my DD, Amber Cieplinski, was selected in her 14u age group and was also selected as 1 of 2 top performers from her tryout!

Just curious if there are any other local girls from 14u that were selected? How about from other age groups? I heard that a 10u catcher from our area was also selected. Hoping to see Ohio strongly represented! :)

Reaction score
Congratulations! That is awesome news.
Please please please...when you return from Florida, let us all know how this went. Inquiring minds want to know all about this. Did they work with your DD? What type of training did they give her, in addition to the exposure games she played?
We would like to know everything about this so others can consider this next year.
Congratulations to Amber!!!

17smom

Reaction score
Thanks cz!

I will definitely let you know how it goes. I'm not sure what to expect past the games they will play since this is the inaugural year - but I will definitely report back to help any others who may think of doing this in the future.

One thing I do know, in terms of the cost, is that other than the $125 dollar fee to tryout, the only extra cost is white pants and socks, and your own arrangements as far as loding, travel, etc. They do not charge the players any team fees and provide two uniform tops.

Also, check in is on Monday and then the teams will have a 1 hour practice. I'm guessing since it's only 1 hour that it may be more of a "getting to know each other" type of practice. Games will start on Tuesday and be played at the ESPN Sports Complex in Orlando. Coaches are supposed to be a combination of NPF players and college players. I will let you know about the interaction that the girls receive with the coaches.

nodaddyball

Reaction score
12u catcher is Alecia Cunningham. They pronounce her name wrong in the show.

loveofsoftball

Reaction score
My daughter made the 10u team! And my niece made the 12u team! Representing Ohio! Good Luck to all the girls!

GATORS19

Reaction score
My daughter Bailee Walters was selected to play for the 10u team. Good luck to the Great Lakes team.

17smom

Reaction score

The link is to the girls that tried out in Grand Rapids. For the Great Lakes Region, there was also a tryout in St. Louis. They also said that you could go to another region for your tryout and your stats would be forwarded to the region in which you live. I know that there was a tryout in Pittsburgh, so unsure if any from our region tried out there, but looking at the Grand Rapids and St. Louis should give you pretty close numbers.

Reaction score
WOW....sounds like Ohio is going to have a solid showing at this.
This is outstanding.
Like I asked 17sMom....please report back to OFC on what you thought about this event once you attend it in Orlando this year.
Thanks and good luck to all!
CZ

DVazquez14

Reaction score
I'd like to congratulate my daughter Alexis Vazquez on making the 10U! Plays for Thunder Elite 04 and Alycia Cunningham making 12U Plays for Wolfpack 02! Both are very dedicated catchers and work their tail off!

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
Interesting to the the numbers that tried out and some of their times. Looks like my 14u DD would have held her own. Good luck to those involved. Should be a fun experience.