Vandalia Windmill Tourney

Does anyone know where to find a list of teams entered in 14U?

I heard the tourney may not happen do to lack of teams.
I do not know this for sure, please verify for yourself. :-?

This was always a decent tournament but in recent years it has been run more like a rec tournament. The umpiring has lacked and the level of excitement that used to be there is gone. I am not knocking the TD at all. Hank is a great guy. I just feel that the tournament could be much more.

This is an awesome facility and the guys who run it are nice people. I think that if they would decide to make it a more interestng event by making it a qualifier then it would once again sell out. There are also many more choices out there in the Miami Valley then there used to be. Other events are working harder to get teams to come to theirs, and Vandalia has not.

Just my opinion.

Our team has been to this tournament a few times. We have seen alot of good competition out in Vandalia. Hank does a good job by keeping things running smooth and games on time.
I do agree that the biggest problem with this tournament is the umpiring! Bad calls, wrong calls, just the lack of knowledge of rules and umpiring.
I think if those problems were addressed this could be a great tournament for all. The facility is amazing and the fields are nice.
We of course will keep this in our schedule and hopefully things will be different this year. With the rising cost of everything, seeing a tournament fee of only 280.00 is nice. 4 game guarantee. I feel it's worth it.

Here is an e-mail I recieved from the tournament director today......

We ARE ?having the Vandalia Windmill Tournament on June 14-15
contrary to previous posts.

We have 6 -10u, 10-12u, 11-14u, 5-16u
We can accomadate a few more in each division plus we are running a 8 u division.

Hank Owings
Athletic Coordinator
Vandalia Parks and Recreation
(937) 415-2335 or h12owings@aol.com

Just thought I would post the update.

Just confirmed there are 10 teams in the 14U division, although we didn't see the SDS team in the 14u bracket - we were hoping to battle you guys away from your home turf!! See everyone there! :cool:

OUTCASTfastpitch said:
although we didn't see the SDS team in the 14u bracket - we were hoping to battle you guys away from your home turf!! See everyone there! :cool:

The SDS teams will be playing at Slugger Fest on this weekend. Maybe we can hook-up sometime before our SDS Summer Classic!!!!

Does anyone have the list of teams in this tournament

We are bringing the Urbana Girls Fastpitch LunaChix 12U, 14U and 16U

The 10U Ohio Fire team will be there! Does anyone else know what other 10U's will be there?

We ARE ?having the Vandalia Windmill Tournament on June 14-15
contrary to previous posts.

Glad to hear the tourney is still on. I just got notice at noon today that the Gem City CLassic isn't, so much for our first weekend of tournament play!
we'll be there, in Vandalia!

Thats why it is best to stick with tournaments that have been around for a while. Many new ones that pop up every year are not as advertised. When the TD's are in it only for the money then they will easily shut it down if they do not have enough to make it worthwhile to them. I have seen more teams scrambling this year to get in places after the choice they made said sorry but are not putting this on. You were lucky to find somewhere else.

Windmill Teams Entered As Of 6-12-08

The Following Info Is Provided By Hank the TD at The Vandalia Windmill Tourney This Weekend 6/14-15
Hank Owings
Athletic Coordinator
Vandalia Parks and Recreation
(937) 415-2335 or h12owings@aol.com

10 U

1 UNION CITY
2 OHIO FIRE
3 OHIO FLYERS
4 MIAMI COUNTY BLAZE
5 ENON
6 TRI COUNTY THUNDER
7 CROSS COUNTY CANNONS

12 U

1 ENON
2 EAST CLINTON ASTROS
3 VANDALIA
4 TRI-COUNTY THUNDER
5 URBANA LUNACHIX
6 OHIO DANGER
7 H.H. ROAD WARRIORS
8 OHIO FLYERS

14 U

1 ENON
2 ENGLEWOOD THUNDER
3 MIAMI COUNTY BLAZE
4 OHIO FLYERS
5 VALLEY EXPLOSION
6 URBANA LUNACHIX
7 LADY MUSTANGS
8 OUTCAST
9 MILTON
10 DIAMOND DOMINATORS

16 U

1 BLUE CREW
2 URBANA LUNACHIX
3 OHIO FLYERS
4 DAYTON YELLOWJACKETS
5 NCBSA
6 DEVIL DAWGS
7 DIAMOND DOMINATORS
8 MIAMI VALLEY EXPRESS​

Not often do I agree with ( Wave) ;) But I will have to say this is more on the line of the REC Style of tourneys ( Really did not think they even had it any more). Went there my first year, was not really pleased. Now that I see they are having it thats great for the new teams. This would be a great chance for teams to PLAY UP for a little more competition in the sport. Looks like a great weekend for play. Good luck to all the teams entered. :)

I guess some must have sour grapes for this tournament. But to say this is a good place for first year teams is strange. Seems to me there is more older teams in this than newer. And some pretty tough ones at that. ;)

We are playing because it is only 5 min. from the house. We were not going to play this weekend and have decided that we do want to play. And for 280.00 you can't beat it. There is 10 teams in the 14u. The facility is beautiful. This is usually the weekend we are in Florida vacationing under the sun. But with my wife Graduating this Friday, I wanted a chance to play so close to home. I have never had a team in the Windmill tournament. It will be interesting to see how thw weekend goes. I'll let you know.

I have been at tournaments before where young kids are put in a dubios position where a coach trys to intimidate them into calls. It is not a good scene. Someone told me that they have older umpires for the older age groups.

I hope that is the case.

Sour grapes, spoiled apples. Whatever it is. Maybe my terminology is starting to show my age. ;D