Very disappointed in Marion Diamonds 05 coach

freddieball

Reaction score
My daughter committed to Marion diamonds 05 team on August 14. She has passed up several opportunities to be on other teams to play for this coach. This coach apparently disbanded the team today. We never heard a word from the coach, my wife heard it from a parent that was going to do a private tryout for him.

Last edited:

freddieball

Reaction score
No we had never met him before and this is my youngest daughters first year playing travel ball. We have been around a while in the travel ball community for my older daughter but never really played any diamonds teams. I never met the coach. I had to work the day of the tryouts.

Diamonds Fastpitch

Reaction score
I am a diamond Fastpitch boardmember. We are disappointed that the 05 team folded. There were some circumstances, I guess it is better to fold now instead of waiting until next spring. With that said I have been with the diamonds organization for 10 years I was a coach now I am a board member the diamonds is a solid organization. anybody with any questions can contact me I will be totally truthful. I don't know of any scandals please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Jwkoh22@gmail.com

freddieball

Reaction score
We understand things happen and this wasn't to bash the org. We are disappointed and my daughter is pretty much devastated that she turned down other teams and now has none. This coach should have reached out to us. We heard from a family that was going to be trying out for him.

TClarkson

Reaction score
Being a former board member of another organization, the board should have reached out to notify players and helped find homes for players left hanging in the wind. We have only had this happen once when I was a bird member and that is exactly what we did. We understand that scenarios play out on teams and sometime it may be best for a team to fold but the organization needs to get involved and reach out to other organizations to help find possible opportunities for players that need help finding teams. In the end it's the reputation of the organization that is at stake.