Walsh girl commits to Ashland!

AkronCarPro

Reaction score
attachment.php

It is with great pride that I congratulate my daughter Emma, AKA "The Little Tiger", who has verbally committed to Ashland University for 2017. This is the culmination of a lot of hard work and dedication that began when she put her mitt on the wrong hand the first day of T-ball at age 6, and worked her way up through rec ball, high school and travel ball, to ultimately be recognized by college coaches as worthy of playing at the collegiate level. I would like to thank all of the college coaches who recruited her; the decision wasn't easy but Ashland proved to be the best overall fit. Thank you to Coach Sheilah Gulas for inviting Emma to join her program, as well as all of the coaches and instructors who trained her throughout the years, most notably Sara Zilles, who took an interest in Emma in 12U and transformed her into the player she is today. Not only is Sarah a great coach, she is also a friend and mentor, who helped Emma achieve the skillset and maturity level she displays today. Now that this hurdle is behind her, it's on to new challenges ahead!

Attachments

• Emma_Ashland.jpg
    Emma_Ashland.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

lewam3

Reaction score
Congrats! Coach Gulas runs a legitimate program at Ashland- those girls can play! Plus you will be an hour away for games, lucky you.

AkronCarPro

Reaction score
Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Ashland was at the top of the list all along so it's nice that it's coming to fruition.

hitnrun

Reaction score
Congrats to Emma! You must be so proud of her Frank!

FastBat

Reaction score
Congrats!!! Good luck Emma!