? Game 5: Washington vs. Tennessee, noon ET Saturday on ESPN2
? Game 6: Texas vs. Oklahoma, 2:30 p.m. ET Saturday on ESPN2
? Game 7: Florida vs. Nebraska, 7 p.m. ET Saturday on ESPN
? Game 8: Michigan vs. Arizona State, 9:30 p.m. ET on ESPN
? Game 9: Teams TBD, 1 p.m. ET Sunday on ESPN
? Game 10: Teams TBD, 3:30 p.m. ET Sunday on ESPN
? Game 11: Teams TBD, 7 p.m. ET Sunday on ESPN2
? Game 12: Teams TBD, 9:30 p.m. ET Sunday on ESPN2

Botched rundown sends Nebraska-Florida into extra innings. I'm wondering, though, whether the safe call on the tag and subsequent drop was the right call? Florida made the tag on a dive and then the fielder dropped the ball after she hit the ground and the ball came out of her glove. In other words, it was dive, tag while in the air, hit ground, ball pops out.

Ah, maybe not. Replay appears to show the fielder hit the ground immediately after the tag or almost simultaneous with the tag.

Ah, maybe not. Replay appears to show the fielder hit the ground immediately after the tag or almost simultaneous with the tag.

Coach, best was when runner thought she costed her team the game and reaction from her after finding out what happened and her subsequent reaction.

umpire just blew the call on second by calling a runner out. 2nd baseman never touched the bag.

Coach, best was when runner thought she costed her team the game and reaction from her after finding out what happened and her subsequent reaction.

umpire just blew the call on second by calling a runner out. 2nd baseman never touched the bag.

Yeah, I can't imagine that feeling of being sure you just lost and told that you didn't. That would be strange. And that blown call at second was really bad. That just can't happen at this level.

What a game last night between Florida and Nebraska! In the words of ESPN, An Instant Classic!!!

was so hoping for Michigan doesnt look good. second choice would be Washington (love purple)

Interesting that the obstruction call was blown at the end of the Nebraska game and called correctly the next day in the Washington game. I bet the UIC had an inservice this morning.

Probably so. I was disappointed, but not surprised, that the announcers didn't even bring up a possible obstruction at the end of the Nebraska game. Replay after replay and it didn't even occur to them the runner was forced off the base. Having worked as a site manager for NCAA Div. II Regionals, I know how serious the umpires take their role. And for the Div. I CWS, I'm sure it's high alert time.

Even the Nebraska 3rd base coach extended her arm. It was right in front of her. The rule was changed to take the judgement out of the call on that particular type of play. That and player safety as well. And the force play at 2nd - wow.

Maybe if Nebraska doesn't make 6 errors, then they could take these game changing decisions out of the umpires hands.......but still, it was an exciting game....:cool:

Absolutely - it looked ugly didn't it!!??

Maybe if Nebraska doesn't make 6 errors, then they could take these game changing decisions out of the umpires hands.......but still, it was an exciting game....:cool:

Probably so. I was disappointed, but not surprised, that the announcers didn't even bring up a possible obstruction at the end of the Nebraska game. Replay after replay and it didn't even occur to them the runner was forced off the base. Having worked as a site manager for NCAA Div. II Regionals, I know how serious the umpires take their role. And for the Div. I CWS, I'm sure it's high alert time.
FWIW, I thought the runner was tagged before she reached the bag due to being blocked and it wasn't obstruction under NCAA rules because the fielder was receiving a thrown ball.

Yea, it was ugly, not to often at that level does a team make 6 errors and still be in the game...

Yea, it was ugly, not to often at that level does a team make 6 errors and still be in the game...
It's also not too often a game goes 15 innings. Even so, 3 errors each for the equivalent 2 games isn't great.

The catcher stepping out of the box before the pitch was released just now was something we almost had earlier this year with one of our catchers. If you don't practice everything, you won't get it right. Even if you do practice it doesn't guarantee anything.

HR by Texas to start bottom of 7th. Being down 2-0, the HR is nice, but not really any better than a walk, save for no opportunity for a force play at second for the defense. Texas is excited and all, but would they be as excited with a single or walk? They should be.