We are all messed up now... ROAD MAP for 09 Class

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
If COVID hasn't made the entire softball community go crazy already, the 09 group has definitely lost some of its marbles. Obviously kidding, but there will be so many changes going into next year we may need to have a publication to go out to figure it all out. I wonder why... why so many moves... many moves are lateral moves I really believe. There is a ton of talent in the class and much more than in recent past years. The 05 class had a ton of talent and equal teams in it also and I really compare it to that class.

The moves
#2 Ohio Outlaws 09 = TX Bombers OH 09 = No Team for Next Year
#3 Ohio Ice Purple Trbovich 09 = Ohio Outlaws Trbovich 09
#4 Ohio Wolfpack Fogle 09 = Ohio Lasers Black Fogle 09
#9 USSSA Pride Red Barnett 09 = Ohio Hawks Barnett 09
NR Ohio Lasers Purple 09 is forming a new team

There are probably some other moves that I haven't mentioned yet, but I am interested to see the pieces that each of these teams acquire. I talk a ton to these above teams and respect these coaches a ton. Not sure why so many changes, but it hasn't happened in the past 7 or so years I have been in the travel world, has anyone seen anything like this before???

Last edited:

Jkb69933

Reaction score
I can’t speak on how things were before 2016, but I had daughters who played on the Ohio ice blue 05 team. After that 10 u season we saw the top team the Roadrunners take his team to the outlaws and then after the 11u season the lasers blue coach switched to the Beverly Bandits. So I don’t know if that was kind of the start of this? We lost 2 of our best players to the bandits after the 11u season and our #1 pitcher to them after the 12u season. That combined with not drawing top talent to our tryouts, our next move was to switch to the outlaws. The team ultimately broke up after that 12u season. I do think the feeling is and there is some truth, that after 10u u have to be with 1 of those top 4 or so organizations to draw and keep the top talent. Thus why u see those top 10u teams switching now.

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
I can’t speak on how things were before 2016, but I had daughters who played on the Ohio ice blue 05 team. After that 10 u season we saw the top team the Roadrunners take his team to the outlaws and then after the 11u season the lasers blue coach switched to the Beverly Bandits. So I don’t know if that was kind of the start of this? We lost 2 of our best players to the bandits after the 11u season and our #1 pitcher to them after the 12u season. That combined with not drawing top talent to our tryouts, our next move was to switch to the outlaws. The team ultimately broke up after that 12u season. I do think the feeling is and there is some truth, that after 10u u have to be with 1 of those top 4 or so organizations to draw and keep the top talent. Thus why u see those top 10u teams switching now.

Your right.. I remember all that happening now... I forgot there was a ton of switches similar to what I am seeing now...

Jkb69933

Reaction score
Man now that I think about, a really good hawks team switched to outlaws after that 12u season too

Jkb69933

Reaction score
Man now that I think about, a really good hawks team switched to outlaws after that 12u season too
I suppose that could maybe be argued a lateral move? So I think back then it was more gradual over that 10-12u time period. Where as now, I think all these 10u teams are just getting out in front of it

kbruce202

Reaction score
You forgot one...

#1 Beverly Bandits Bailey 09 = No team next year = Beverly Bandits Bailey 11u

ALLPH0

Reaction score
I feel like the 2021's through the next several years will all be messed up due to trying to find the best place to be seen

24GahannaLadyLions7

Reaction score
You forgot one...

#1 Beverly Bandits Bailey 09 = No team next year = Beverly Bandits Bailey 11u

Lol... Tell me when there wasn’t going to be a Bandits team in Ohio, or where the switch was. There was always going to be a team, wasn't going anywhere, just getting a non-parent HC. Great move by your head coach getting his team prepared for the future, though.

Last edited:

kbruce202

Reaction score
Lol... Tell me when there wasn’t going to be a Bandits team in Ohio, or where the switch was. There was always going to be a team, wasn't going anywhere, just getting a non-parent HC. Great move by your head coach getting his team prepared for the future, though.
Just bustin you coach... glad to see you back at the helm!

RoundingThird

Reaction score
I suppose that could maybe be argued a lateral move? So I think back then it was more gradual over that 10-12u time period. Where as now, I think all these 10u teams are just getting out in front of it

For curiosity purposes... what would the benefits be to switching “brands” earlier than after 12u season? I can see a bigger name drawing in more talent, but if you have a solid group, what other benefits are there? This also assumes you play the same schedule whether you have “ABC Team” or the “Outlaws” across your chest.

Let’s also say playing for “ABC Team” is $300 cheaper than playing for “Outlaws” (or Bandits, Lasers, etc.)

I understand the reasoning to make the switch after 12’s, but am interested to hear additional reasons on why to consider switching at an earlier age.

jt7663

Reaction score
The "Diaper Dandy Classic" is always a Great Tourney!