wear a mask dot com

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://pleasewearamask.com/

just wanted to pass the info especially to the younger players and parents!! Let's get things rolling again as we had some really good input and ideas to promote awareness!

Ricky - Jeff - Chris myself and many others helped launch this back in 2016! Anyone else interested in helping this cause plz contact me or email thru the contact link on the website. And check out the facebook and post your experiences and thoughts! Thanks!

Last edited:

streak2010

Reaction score
Awesome! At our HS we take the choice away. Wear the mask.

Spartandad

Reaction score
I always say..."All it takes is once for a lifetime of regret". Put it on.

OhPhat

Reaction score
We have it in our player agreement for our 12u team that all our girls are required to wear a mask at all positions. I know it may be seen by some as a little over the top, but we are not taking any chances.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Dan ... saw your message and of course I still fully support this effort. All, please take a look at the website referenced above..

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are looking for some parents / coaches of younger players to help pick up the ball and join us with this effort. We have created this website and facebook pages now we need more support from YOU! if interested PM me or go to the facebook and start posting. more and more college corners and especially pitchers are wearing masks and it is NOT a sign of weakness as people use to think. BE SMART! WEAR THE MASK! www.pleasewearamask.com

Irish196

Reaction score
We are looking for some parents / coaches of younger players to help pick up the ball and join us with this effort. We have created this website and facebook pages now we need more support from YOU! if interested PM me or go to the facebook and start posting. more and more college corners and especially pitchers are wearing masks and it is NOT a sign of weakness as people use to think. BE SMART! WEAR THE MASK! www.pleasewearamask.com

We will share in on Stay in softball’s website and Facebook page. We bring facemasks to all of our clinics and let girls who don’t have their own keep them. We have also supplied several HS teams in lower income areas with free face masks. If any coaches on here have any players who need one but cant really afford one, let us know and we can get them to you.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Karen ... it's fantastic that SIS gives away facemasks to players who want them but can't afford them!

City Slicker

Reaction score
While I understand the push for masks, I don't understand why there is only a push in softball? Why isn't there a push in baseball too?

Just like the double first base... why is it a mandatory rule in OHSAA to have it in softball and not baseball?

For the record, I am pro-mask if the kids feel comfortable wearing them.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Different game. Pitchers and corners are much closer to the batter. Bunting is a much bigger part of the game bringing corners I even closer.

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
If you have corners crashing for a bunt and batter pulls
back and hard slaps or swings away, there is no reaction times left at all for the corners/pitcher. The reaction times I calculated for CoachJWB and the mask assoc. we’re based on real data from bat/ball speed by bat manufacturers and researchers, those return times were amazingly fast with the girls in standard defensive positions, let alone adding to them crashing..... all 30 ft closer than baseball...... just sayin

Last edited:

DanMaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
season is getting closer!! get the word out!!

BigZ

Reaction score
Not an option on our team. Simple really. The head coach sets the tone and lays down the law. They must wear a mask or they don't play. I even make sure that our pitchers wear chest protectors. Seen too many players go down. I can't believe the parents don't insist on the face mask as well.