Weather and events

wow

Reaction score
I know we cant control the weather. I know its Ohio and weather is unpredictable. But there is this thing call the internet with nifty stuff like weather forecasts and radar. And even if you live under a rock you can still pull over the air signals and get the forecast from the local news on TV stations.

Here is the beef. Why don't people who run events, whether its HS or Travel, make adjustments far enough in advance. I know some do, however many do not. Schedules are posted in advance to allow people to plan accordingly, but what's so wrong about making adjustments so you don't have families waste time driving, waste money on gas, and worst of all, sit around to maybe get a game in just to cancel any way?

There are really a lot of options. Reschedule, move venues if possible, condense into a one day, and at as last resort cancel. Its just ridiculous to see the inclement weather approaching 7-10 days out and no attempt at adjusting the event. I love it when everyone become delusional about the forecast. "Well its says 40's and rain, but you never know".. Come on.. Its not gonna change to 80's and sunshine.

HS ball this week will be spotty at best, with temps in the 40's and low 50's there wont be many options. So when there was chances to play you really had to take advantage.

Worst spring season in many years.

daboss

Reaction score
Sorry but it can be 80's and sunny in Ohio after a gloomy forecast. Just take a deep breath and roll with it. Weathermen and professional baseball players, where else can you be right 30% of the time and get put in a Hall of Fame? I farm for a living and all my hobbies evolve around the weather. How stupid am I?

Louuuuu

Reaction score
Its just ridiculous to see the inclement weather approaching 7-10 days out and no attempt at adjusting the event.

Since when does Day 7 of a seven day forecast ever turn out like predicted on Day 1?

Maybe if a big green stripe showed on radar 12 hours before first pitch, you might start thinking about Plan B, but there is too much to lose if you start cancelling any more than a day before and the forecast misses the mark.

Like Daboss says, it's Weather. Roll with it.