Week 5 12u

Should be an interesting week with Grand Slam winning the Dayton metro and the Hawks having a very strong showing as well.

We were off this week, but how did everyone else do?

Should be an interesting week with Grand Slam winning the Dayton metro and the Hawks having a very strong showing as well.

We were off this week, but how did everyone else do?

Was some great games in Dayton..

Our games / scores as best I recall... will dbl-chk and edit later.

PP: Hawks 2 - Stingrays 2

Bracket Play

Hawks over MC Hammers 9-2
Hawks over Danger 98 8-1
Hawks lose to Grand Slam 3-5
Hawks over Stringrays 7-1
Hawks over Hawks Shepherd 9-6
Hawks over Lasers Red 4-2
Hawks over Grand Slam 5-3 1st Champ Game
Hawks loss to Grand Slam 3-5 Championship Game

I think all the 98 teams beating each other is good for the state overall.

Me too.. Grover and I discussed this today.. it raises everyone's game .. great stuff..

Buckeye Elite 12 U win 5th tournament championship at Portsmouth Classic. Beat Ohio Glory 8-2 in Championship game. Went 6-0-1 over the weekend and our record is now 27-9-1.

Buckeye Elite 12 U win 5th tournament championship at Portsmouth Classic. Beat Ohio Glory 8-2 in Championship game. Went 6-0-1 over the weekend and our record is now 27-9-1.

Elite, this is the 2nd time you have threw a post put on all these tourneys
you won. Good job!! Now the ? is you are 27-9-2. List the team you have beat!!! :lmao: Play with the big girls and you will get recongized.... We will play in the Lasers tourney... Then we will see.............. You Know!!

You know...As far as I can tell, we've beaten the Dragons 99, Ohio Hawks-Davis, Ohio Danger 2 x's, Championship Fastpitch-Blue and just recently the Ohio Glory. This is my second year in travel softball and not sure where all the "Big Girls" as you call them, play. I scheduled 10 tournaments and our 4 remaining will be a much tougher than the previous. You know as well as I do, that if you don't speak up, nobody will for you. These girls have played their butts off and deserve some credit. Regardless of how they finish in the polls, at this point they should be considered. Thanks for your concern and modesty.

Elite, this is the 2nd time you have threw a post put on all these tourneys
you won. Good job!! Now the ? is you are 27-9-2. List the team you have beat!!! :lmao: Play with the big girls and you will get recongized.... We will play in the Lasers tourney... Then we will see.............. You Know!!

Gator relax, I think fastball 40 is just letting everyone know they have a pretty good team. Wow getting a little amped up for nothing.

@fastpitch40

Pay no attention to the heckling. I don't see anything wrong about either of your posts.

If you say to much your labeled a "drum beater" if you don't say anything your labeled arrogant....lol don't sweat it.

We take a weekend off & drop out of the top ten. It is what it is. In the end, for us it's about kids getting better & learning the importance of teamwork. Good luck to all teams this weekend!

Patina
Buckeye Heat 98

40--you sound alot like another scioto co guy that was pumping some Wild Thang team about 4 years ago LOL ..... go north and beat a few name teams , the votes will come. dump WV , just forget it. you guys are wasting your time playing there. sounds like you have a solid team and I hope you guys do great at laser nation. welcome to the madness known as OFC . great site for networking and learning , without it my dd would not where she is as a player today , MD

I've seen Buckeye Elite 12U play this year and they are a solid club.
Nothing personal, but I'm not sure I would place them in the top tier of teams but somewhere around 7 - 10 is about right.

They'll sneak up on a lot of good teams and beat them for sure.

Good Luck!

You know...As far as I can tell, we've beaten the Dragons 99, Ohio Hawks-Davis, Ohio Danger 2 x's, Championship Fastpitch-Blue and just recently the Ohio Glory. This is my second year in travel softball and not sure where all the "Big Girls" as you call them, play. I scheduled 10 tournaments and our 4 remaining will be a much tougher than the previous. You know as well as I do, that if you don't speak up, nobody will for you. These girls have played their butts off and deserve some credit. Regardless of how they finish in the polls, at this point they should be considered. Thanks for your concern and modesty.

Fastball, what team are you with?

Fastball,

I agree with some of it. I am not much of a voice on OFC, and my team has not matured at the rate of some of the other Hawks teams. But these girls are doing well and have played well. They will get there in their own time.

I am not sure if fastball is saying he thinks Buckeye Elite deserves to be with the top tier, but I agree with him that they need to start getting some credit. They received no votes in the poll when they have beaten several teams who are receiving votes. The Ohio Glory, Dragons 99, and Ohio Danger teams have been getting some love in the polls. Elite beat all three rather handily (Danger twice). They also won a tournament that included The Stingrays, and CO Hawks. They didn't play the Stingrays, but managed to beat the team that beat them (Hawks). They also won a tournament by beating TNT Explosion out of WV. If you know anything about the TNT organization, they are very good. Bottom line is that winning 5 consecutive tournament against the competition mentioned deserves some merit.

Call it tooting your own horn if you want, but there is nothing wrong with being an informed voter. You may think that they haven't played enough quality teams to crack the top ten, but at least you now know who they have played and can cast and informed vote. Vote for them, or don't. Personally, I could care less. I don't recall ever being awarded a trophy for winning a popularity poll. Buckeye Elite will do their polling on the playing field.

I am not sure if fastball is saying he thinks Buckeye Elite deserves to be with the top tier, but I agree with him that they need to start getting some credit. They received no votes in the poll when they have beaten several teams who are receiving votes. The Ohio Glory, Dragons 99, and Ohio Danger teams have been getting some love in the polls. Elite beat all three rather handily (Danger twice). They also won a tournament that included The Stingrays, and CO Hawks. They didn't play the Stingrays, but managed to beat the team that beat them (Hawks). They also won a tournament by beating TNT Explosion out of WV. If you know anything about the TNT organization, they are very good. Bottom line is that winning 5 consecutive tournament against the competition mentioned deserves some merit.

Call it tooting your own horn if you want, but there is nothing wrong with being an informed voter. You may think that they haven't played enough quality teams to crack the top ten, but at least you now know who they have played and can cast and informed vote. Vote for them, or don't. Personally, I could care less. I don't recall ever being awarded a trophy for winning a popularity poll. Buckeye Elite will do their polling on the playing field.

What is this...the 5 degrees of Kevin Bacon or something???? They beat x in a tournament where x was there after a tournament where x played y in the same month that x beat z...The reality is that you do not need to beat your own chest in this poll - Coaches that you play will do it for you if you deserve it. If you are concerned with your position on this poll then get the schedules of the teams on it and attend the tournaments that they are playing in... If you are from a different part of the state than most of those teams (and I believe the Buckeye Elite is), then talk to your parents and tell them that it's time to take the training wheels off and go show everyone else that you are for real...Regardless of what tournaments you are winning, it's obvious that your girls know how to win....The question is can they do it with more than 1 or 2 solid teams in a tournament...Tough to take home a trophy in a tournament when you are facing top 10 teams in the 2nd or 3rd round of the losers bracket.

my guess is not a single person would have had a problem with what "40" had to say if he had not said something like ' wherever the so called Big Girls play at' . The Big girls are out there , they are out there playing the bigger tourney's week in and week out , not hanging in buffalo or milton wv , where there might be 1 other soild club amongst 5-6 weak sisters. Or playing in portsmouth , or chillicothe. You want recognition, do exactly what bucketcaller suggested, head north and play the best. play laser nation, play ASA states , play stingrays, play the larger tournies. Compete well and the votes will come. MD