Week of 7/14/08 Votes - Get 'em to me.

Re: Send Votes for Week of 5/19/05

Hey Ringer ---- I think you're a few years behind - LOL ;D

;D ;D That must be a Freudian slip. Today is my birthday....so yeah.....I'm not changing the subject line. I kind of like being three years younger today.!!!!

Hahahaha - well Happy Birthday! ;D :cool:

Wow, I want to be all powerful and turn back the clock three years! I'd be in my thirties again....whoopie! ;D

Happy Birthday Ringer!

pigpen, I thought that you were only 29 !! Was I wrong???

Oh, how sweet you are Wave... :) ? That goes a long way on the "good list" scale. :cool:

Well Pigpen thats the second time that I have been wrong this year so far. But it is nice to error in the right direction.

Good luck tonight and we can't wait to see Courtney, Kacie and Leann back with the team at the next tournament.

We missed Kaitlyn and Tabby this past weekend ourselves but younger kids got even more of a chance to prove what they can do.

Wrong twice this year, wow, who would have guessed? ;) I'm up for errors like that though, I feel younger already. ;D

We missed being there this weekend too, but the younger girls did a nice job and we are proud of them!
I'm sure you missed Kaitlyn and Tabby with the way they've been hitting the ball! Holly cow!

Tonight will be fun, but also sad at the same time since it's our last game and it's been a lot of fun being with the HS girls. What a change from 2nd graders! :D ....but I love my 2nd graders too....can't beat their loving smiles and brutal honesty... "What happened to your hair Mrs. Fain?" (day after I got it cut and highlighted) ;D ;D ;D

It would be interesting to see who is voting. I would NOT want to see how they vote, just what teams are voting and what part of the state they are from. Are coaches voting from what is posted in the tournamnets result section? Are they voting for the teams they only have seen and played against? What is the geographical representation of the coaches poll? What area of the state is casting more votes?

Re: Send Votes for Week of 5/26/05

I will say that we have a nice sample of coaches from all over the state from the big organizations to the little ones. Some of the coaches that have voted are as follows:

Buckeye Heat
Ohio Ice
Ohio Wave
Cincy Doom
Heart of Ohio
Lasers
Shockwave
Valley Extreme
Stingrays
Road Runners
Crush
Ohio Magic
Wolfpack
GCKA
Lady Irish
and a few others.

If you look at this list, I think you'll come to the same conclusion that I did. This group will have a pretty good handle of who's who in Ohio.

Re: Send Votes for Week of 6/09/05

Do your research. Get 'em to me by Tuesday night.

I vote... and I look at all the results of all the touenies at all the ages.. ?I wish some of us softball addicts could vote in more than one age group. ?We played 18 last weekend. ?I like to vote in that. ?I watch a lot of 14 and 12 too. ?maybe we should register and get like top 5 status and vote for 5. ?especially us non parent obcessed softball addicts.

creating a guru's poll sounds like a good idea

Re: Week of 6/16/08 Votes - Get 'em to me.

[smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

up up and away

Why do the Ice get so much recognition. They are a good team but great? I dont know.

Well, we've played them twice and watched them 2 other games against good opponents, and I'd consider them a great team. ?Not that my opinion matters that much since I haven't seen all these ranked teams yet alot. ?Is Ice the best? ?Not sure about that since we personally haven't seen Stingrays, Lasers Silver against 12u opponents. ?But the Ice is close no doubt. ?definitely deserving of their ranking in the poll, at a minimum. ?If you're in the top 10 in the poll at this point I'd say you have a great team. ?One capable of beating any other ranked team on a given day. ?Ice can probably do that. ?JMO.

what would you want a team to do to be considered great at this time of year? Win everything? Depends on all our own standards I guess. And we all have different opinions which is great.

From the parent of a player who has played some some of ?these teams the 12U Ice and Doom deserve everything they are getting. Not taking anything away from others in the poll just basing it on those we have played. Haven't played most of the teams and do not want to comment on what I haven't seen.

maybe i'm skipping over something, but what age group are we talking about?

I was really impressed with the Louisville Stunners, and for the Doom to dismantle them twice after already playing 3 games that day is even more impressive. They beat the Wild Thangs 7-4 and 4-0 over the weekend. MD