What a Way To End a Season!

Cincy Doom 12u ended the season on a wonderful streak and I wish it didn't have to end.As we were half way into the season I really saw the girls coming into their own but WOW! I didn't know it would end like this.Last three tournaments...GAPSS 7-0 Tournament Champs...USSSA World Series A Div. 8-0 World Series Champs...Zanesville 6-0-1 Tournament Champs.Congratulation to all 11 girls you did it through hard work and most of all teamwork.I can't wait till fall ball starts and also the 2006 season.GO DOOM!!!! Asst. Coach John Daniels

Coach,
Just wanted to say I saw your team play several times and they were very impressive. Hats off to you and your team!

Thanks for the nice compliments LovetowatchFPS and again it was the girls hard work and determination that I loved to be a part of.

Coach38
when will your tryouts be and how many girls will you be looking to pick up? How to you notify a player if they do not make your team???? I have seen and heard both positive and negative comments about coaching ,parents and players within the Doom organization, but I have to give credit where credit is due you guys did have a great season. I would like to make a move with my DD this season but I will not go to a team where the only thing on the agenda is WIN WIN WIN. I just have one last question and this will determin if I will consider your tryouts. Your team is up by ten runs and you have all your top players in and its clear that your going to win. When will you put the girls in that have been on the bench??? I watched you play this weekend and it seems to me that you made your move late in the game, when it was clear that you had the win. How do you think the girls on the bench are going to get better if they dont have playing time??? I know the old saying "YOU DONT PAY TO PLAY" but give me a break coach what message are you sending the girls on the bench??? Ill send you in when I have the Win????

Fireball911,
I don't know how many games you saw us play last weekend but I can tell you all of our girls got alot of playing time throughout the weekend. I 've never had a big lead and did not play every girl in the game, and also when we got big leads we never ran the score up on teams.
As coaches we expect alot of hard work and effort out of our girls, the 14u Doom is probably not the right team for the girl that is just playing to be with friends and have a good time, but if the girl is willing to work hard and wants to improve and be the best she can be the Doom is a good choice. I think if you asked our girls if they had fun this year every one of them would say YES!!! The 14U Doom is not about the WIN WIN WIN, its about EFFORT EFFORT EFFORT. Every time we run onto the field we expect to win, just like any of the other top teams that we played this year, I have never heard a team say lets go lose a game.

Tim Gregory
Cincy Doom 14U

who did the doom beat in the champ. at usssa nationals? and who did u guys tie in zanesville. from the teams i saw it looked like u guys were the best. u beat us (spirit 11's) 1-0 and were verrry good.

Fireball911,
Our tryouts are August 20th (10:00-1:00) & August 21st (1:00-4:00) at G.E. Park in Cincinnati. Let me know if you don't know where that is and I will get you directions.I can't set a # on how many girls but we are wanting girls for a 10u,12u & 14u team.
In response to what you have heard good or bad is probably just that (HEAR SAY).Please feel free to come to tryouts and make your own judgements.The DOOM agenda is to get our girls to the next level.What we mean by that is playing college softball.We as coaches want to teach good fundamentals in throwing,fielding and hitting.We also try and get our girls alot of exposure in different regions.The Doom played in Pigeon Forge TN.,Pittsburg,Detroit,Columbus OH & IN. and many more.
As to your question on when we may put on players who are on the bench into a game well first of all we only had 11 girls on the team so there reaaly isn't a true bench to begin with.All of our girls got plenty of playing time throughout the whole season.So Iam kind of confused as to your question on when we might put our bench people in?????????????
Hope to see you at tryouts.
Asst. Coach John Daniels

mikemavs1,
We beat the Tidal Waves in the championship game at USSSA World Series.Tied the Buckeye Heat in Zanesville in pool play.Committed 6 errors and did not hit unlike when we played you (DOOM 1 Spirit 0) up in Pittsburg.Have not seen you guys since Pittsburg,where all have you been playing?Hope to come back up to Pittsburg next year.

Asst. Coach John Daniels

fireball911
I would like to respond to your comments about our team. We are a very close team of parents ,girls and coaches. I dont know what you have heard about our team but like coach38 has said its" hear say". Show me a team in cincy that has no problems????? Your dealing with a bunch of teenage girls here, its not always going to be cupcakes and rainbows. If you want that go back to rec ball. I would like to add a final comment about the bench. My daughter did not start the game but if you would have stuck around you would have seen her come off the BENCH and bust the ball to get a triple in the sixth inning, not bad for a bench warmer. This team has come a long way since the start of the season and it was not just the starting nine that made the Doom such a success this season. It was the 100% effort of team, parents and three dedicated coaches. Thanks for a great season Tim, Jeff, and John. ?
The Shorts

Coach 38:
While you have a very good team, it is pretty sad to come on here and make excuses for tying a team (or winning or losing a game). You could have also said that you would have lost the game 3-2 had the Heat coach decided to take a trip to the mound with two outs in what would have been the last inning had he decided to stall.

While I don't coach the Heat 12s, I happen to have a very good team myself, but you don't see me coming on here and bragging about the team, or worse, making excuses when we lose to a team. Not only would it reflect poorly on myself and the team, it is completely disrespectful to the opponent and to the game of softball.

In general to everyone on OFC, when you come on here and brag incessantly about your team, you look ridiculous. If it's a kid that's one thing; if it's an adult, you need psychiatric help.

coach 38
? ? ? ? ? ? first of all congrats on your tournamemt wins your girls seem like good kids.but lets leave it on the field with the girl's. our team (buckeye heat) played a very good game,we hit and played good defense that game I am proud of our girl's
season. but if your talking about 6 errors I don't know where that happened unless your talking about the 2or3 batters striking out on call 3 strikes. and the runner who did not steal for two batters when you wanted her to then get thrown trying to steal third to end the inning. I guess you did have some errors.
players Dad,
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Curt

Wow Im so happy that I got on here and asked some questions. I think that we will pass on this DOOM team. It seems to me that there not all they seem to be, but thats my own opinion. I have read some past post and there seems to be some underline problems with other teams and I will never bring my daughter into past problems. I just want her to play ball. Thanks but no Thanks

Fireball,

?Before you decide not to come to tryouts let me tell you a couple things. This was my daughters first year playing travel ball and she is with the Doom organization. I heard about alot of the "underlying problems" that were supposed to be there but we went to tryouts, talked to the coaches and decided to play fall ball and see how things would go from there. Well, just in the few tournaments that we played in fall ball I knew that this is where we wanted to be. We didn't have any problems with coaches or parents, and my daughter had lots of fun with all the girls on the team. This season has been wonderful for her and also for me. I have seen her go from playing rec ball where I have coached her since she was 8, to winning a world series and going 3 for 3 in the Championship game!(sorry, had to brag a little) Anyways, my point is please come to tryouts and give it a look for yourself. Don't listen to the he said she said because anybody can come up with that stuff on just about any team. I think the DOOM has 3 of the best coaches I have had the chance to be around, parents that get along really well and have taken my daughter in like she was one of their own, and a group of amazing girls who all work together to accomplish their goals. I hope this helps and I hope to see you at tryouts on the 20th or 21st.

Coach 38,

Hope you have made some notes concerning this post. Congrats on a great season. You guys busted us twice this year. Good hitting.

Now this is just me, but your original post seems more like an advertisement for the upcoming tryouts. I do not want to take anything away from the girls, because they did have a great year. I just feel coaches should not be on here honking their own horn. You can, and I expect you to, defend your girls but let someone else initiate it.

fireball: ?It is not my intention to dissuade anybody from trying out for the Doom. ?I watched the game in Zanesville and also saw parts of a few of their other games at GAPSS and I think Fairborn. ?I hadn't noticed anything that would cause any concern for me while watching those games. ?They looked like they were well-coached and focused. ?The coaches were in uniform and seemed professional. ?I never saw the parents going crazy or anything like that.

With my post last night here, I simply took exception to the comment from Coach38 that I thought was extremely bush league. ?I realize many coaches just don't know any better or that they don't realize when they are disrespecting opponents or the game. ?But when they do those things publicly, you can bet I'm going to let them know publicly.

Joe, I,m not taking anything away from the Buckeye Heat team, they came out ready to play, they made some great plays on us, and the shortstop and pitcher could play on any team that they wanted to, hats off to the coach of the 12u Heat, thier going to be strong in the years to come. My appolgees to whoever myself or my coaches my have affended

Tim Gregory
Cincy Doom 14U

Tim,
No offense taken from me (Heat 12's Coach). We played hard that game and left it all on the field. We were up for the game because of the success you have had this year. Talking with you and the other Doom coaches that afternoon, I believe you run a fundamentally sound and well coached team. I watched you in your other games and you were the best team there. My team and my parents enjoyed the challenge of playing the Doom. Good luck!

Kelly Allen

I would like to add something to this thread. We played the doom in the world series and they were a solid team. I did not see any unsportsmenship with the players, coaches, or parents. I do have to addmit that the parents were a rowdy bunch but if thats what the girls feed off of then so be it. I just think that the doom team was underestamated this season and alot of cincinnati teams had there toes steped on not once but a few times. Now you all know what to expect from the doom so step up to the plate and QUIT CRYING. If the doom want to toot there own horn let them i think they erned it!!!!!!
The Magic

Wow, this just started out as an advertisement. I've been considering a new team for my DD, we live in the Cinci area and have played this Doom team. Have seen your posts on here before LOUDMOUTH and frankly don't believe from your previous posts that you are any way involved with the Magic, and if I were them I would be letting you know it.
What is up with your comment on and I quote
"I just think that the doom team was underestamated this season and alot of cincinnati teams had there toes steped on not once but a few times".
We played with a good team and played the Doom and always lost, you didn't step on our toes, but this little comment has just now changed my mind about going to the tryouts. Hope you really did not intend to disguise yourself for the team, because you just blew it. Mr. Gregory should be upset with this.