What is on you Daughters list

Xrayaries

Reaction score
I have been going over colleges with my DD so we can make some serious phone calls and emails. We put together a list of 7 Must have, 7 wants, and 7 bonuses. Each Musts are worth 3 points, wants worth 2 bonus worth 1.

Must
1) Pre-Vet / Just biology looses 2 pts
2) Softball
3) less than 2400 students
4) 16 to 1 faculty
5) Singing club
6) Mandatory study groups for athletes
7) Less than 36k anually

Wants
1) Equestrian Club
2) Walmart
3) Chinese restaurant near by
4) Football Team
5) No Quads
6) Shared bath / Not community
7) Intramural Sports

Bonus
1) Acapella group
2) Arby's
3) Uperclasman singles/apartments
4) Air conditioning
5) In Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming
6) Down South
7) Field internships/ Travel abroad

So far we have been able to heavily remove most schools from a lengthy list. I can also do this without her being there and help with the process. The goal is to have 15-20 schools to visit. Just looking for ideas and thoughts.

Thanks.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Good Chinese or that buffet crap ? Big distinction .

Xrayaries

Reaction score
I don't think she would mind one way or the other. As long as she gets her sweet and sour chicken and an egg roll.

mamoneyoh

Reaction score
My daughter's requirement would be Taco Bell. I'm hoping she gets a job there this fall so that the novelty wears off. I would have to agree, Chinese food would be at the top of the list too.

allcorners

Reaction score
When my DD started her search, one of the first things we talked about was distance. It's different for everyone. Some girls like the idea of being able to get back home if they need to. Some girls the distance doesnt matter. My DD decided to sit down and draw a 250 mile radius around our house and then reserched all the schools that she might be interested in that fell within this radius. For some people I would imagine that the 250 mile thing might not work. Distance is a factor. Does she want to take a car ride home for break or will it be a plane ride? Just something to consider. It may or may not be a factor in your decision. It was in hers.

Xrayaries

Reaction score
I will be taking a trip to Colorado,Utah and Idaho next fall. We have been in contact with coaches in those States it is just about getting everything lined up. That is where my daughter wants to live. I can't blame her one bit. I would move back to Idaho if the right opportunity for my career presented itself. I like the circle idea. I wish I would have done that for my son. He is a 12 hour car ride away in the upper p.

allcorners

Reaction score
I can't blame anyone for wanting to escape this awful up and down weather. Good luck to you and your daughter. I hope she finds a great fit.

FastBat

Reaction score
Wow, thank you for posting this list. It makes me realize I'm not a type A personality! It amazes me though and I am very impressed that this is how the other half lives. My DD is in 7th grade and I'm positive there will be no lists. Wow, wow, wow, amazing list!

I agree with Walmart, that's a must!

Xrayaries

Reaction score
The best part about this is knowing where we need to go over the next couple of years. It smooths the process.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
1. Not doing any school work
2. Beer
3. Not paying for anything
4. Academics or whatever