What will be the 2021' Bat:

jt7663

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the Best 2021' model Bat (Non Endloaded) to have for this upcoming 2021' Season.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the Best 2021' model Bat (Non Endloaded) to have for this upcoming 2021' Season.
Where are the Best Bat Deals
Best evenly loaded bat for 2021 IMO is the Mizuno Power Carbon. It's as hot as the Ghost and well balanced.

I have a friend that's a bat vendor and sells Mizuno, Easton, Rawlings, Marucci and multiple SP lines. Everyday he sells bats at a significant discount and right now he's doing a hell of a deal on the Mizuno PC's. If you're interested in his contact info DM me.

Richard Smith

Reaction score
my kid wants me to search for a new 2018 Blue Ghost for the 2021 season.... By far her favorite bat but really hard to find
If your interested I know a guy that has 3 of them. 1 is still in the wrapper

Xrayaries

Reaction score
It's not the bat. Whatever bat feels the best to your DD is the bat that will perform best for her.

Last edited:

jt7663

Reaction score
Thanks sounds like a Trip to SPS to try them out!

IRdad09

Reaction score
Best evenly loaded bat for 2021 IMO is the Mizuno Power Carbon. It's as hot as the Ghost and well balanced.

I have a friend that's a bat vendor and sells Mizuno, Easton, Rawlings and multiple SP lines. Everyday he sells bats at a significant discount and right now he's doing a hell of a deal on the Mizuno PC's. If you're interested in his contact info DM me.

I can agree here. Switched to this bat in July for my DD. After a few hiccups with the drop 11 the drop 10 has performed great and she has stated it has been her favorite bat. She says "it just feels better". You just don't see many out there.

08DDF2

Reaction score
Another one with a big push is the Marucci Echo, heard some good things but never tried it. I recently purchased a used Rawlings Quatro Pro to see if my DD likes it.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can agree here. Switched to this bat in July for my DD. After a few hiccups with the drop 11 the drop 10 has performed great and she has stated it has been her favorite bat. She says "it just feels better". You just don't see many out there.
In general, as a hitting instructor and TB coach, I try to get all of my hitters and players in a drop 10 ASAP. More mass will offset the minor loss in bat speed and send the ball further. An old ball adage I'll share...' Baseball Dads often make the mistake of trying to get their kids to swing a bat that's way too heavy...Softball Dad's...too light.' The new Tech in the drop 11's are designed for slapping and the occasional full swing hit; not for the day-in-day-out abuse of full swings. This is why there are so many of the -11's failing no matter the manufacturer.

IRdad09

Reaction score
In general, as a hitting instructor and TB coach, I try to get all of my hitters and players in a drop 10 ASAP. More mass will offset the minor loss in bat speed and send the ball further. An old ball adage I'll share...' Baseball Dads often make the mistake of trying to get their kids to swing a bat that's way too heavy...Softball Dad's...too light.' The new Tech in the drop 11's are designed for slapping and the occasional full swing hit; not for the day-in-day-out abuse of full swings. This is why there are so many of the -11's failing no matter the manufacturer.

Great information! I'll second the drop 11's failing at a higher rate after doing a ton a research on it now. It was also my concern that a drop 10 would be "too heavy". As my DD is an 09 I figured a lighter bat would be better and she was already used to her drop 11 LXT. She erased those concerns after swinging the drop 10 a few times and didn't notice a difference. Now the drop 10 is 5 months old and has 1000's of swings on it and other than dirt it still acts and looks brand new!

bmi11er

Reaction score
As i have posted in other threads. the mizuno has great pop. My daughter loved hers. The only problem is that she broke 2 of the drop 11s, and one of the drop 10s in a years time. All cracked in the barrel area, not in cold weather. She does have a pretty high bat speed per the blast sensor, high of 65.8mph and an average around 60mph with her drop 10 ghost advanced in her last session. I was told by the rep that i worked with on the return that if she has a bat speed that high, there is no way she should be swinging a drop 11. She has made a ton of growth in height and strength over the past year since we bought the bat and I wish I would have gone to a drop 10 sooner.

As for comparing the mizuno to the ghost advanced, the ghost is hotter and my kid says the sweet spot is bigger as well. She stated that the mizuno felt more rigid like the LS Xeno.

In head to head, the ghost seems better.. but it is significantly more expensive as well.

We also got a warranty on her backup/cage bat that was a grey/blue easton ghost that we got on black friday special at dicks last year when it started separating at the connection. They sent us the 2020 double barrel as a replacement a couple of weeks ago. It is really close in performance to the advanced, but seems a little more end weighted. For stronger kids that can swing it, they may see an advantage.

I would chime in on demarinis, but my kid wont even look at them as she thinks the connection looks weird.

She also has swung the 2020 lxt, and that is a great balanced bat, but it did not appear to have the pop of the advanced.

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As i have posted in other threads. the mizuno has great pop. My daughter loved hers. The only problem is that she broke 2 of the drop 11s, and one of the drop 10s in a years time. All cracked in the barrel area, not in cold weather. She does have a pretty high bat speed per the blast sensor, high of 65.8mph and an average around 60mph with her drop 10 ghost advanced in her last session. I was told by the rep that i worked with on the return that if she has a bat speed that high, there is no way she should be swinging a drop 11. She has made a ton of growth in height and strength over the past year since we bought the bat and I wish I would have gone to a drop 10 sooner.

As for comparing the mizuno to the ghost advanced, the ghost is hotter and my kid says the sweet spot is bigger as well. She stated that the mizuno felt more rigid like the LS Xeno.

In head to head, the ghost seems better.. but it is significantly more expensive as well.

We also got a warranty on her backup/cage bat that was a grey/blue easton ghost that we got on black friday special at dicks last year when it started separating at the connection. They sent us the 2020 double barrel as a replacement a couple of weeks ago. It is really close in performance to the advanced, but seems a little more end weighted. For stronger kids that can swing it, they may see an advantage.

I would chime in on demarinis, but my kid wont even look at them as she thinks the connection looks weird.

She also has swung the 2020 lxt, and that is a great balanced bat, but it did not appear to have the pop of the advanced.

Several points you made to answer to if you don't mind. I said the Mizuno PC is as hot as the ghost not the GA. It outperformed the Ghost about 50% of the time...mostly on mishits. Why you may ask? A dirty little secret that Mizuno doesn't want the authorities that are bat testing to know, since they only test bat compression on the SS, the outer limits of said SS are actually hotter. Thus the mishits went further than the Ghost's did on an average of 3.8 feet but in direct competition with the Ghost's SS, the Ghost outperformed it by 1.4 feet on average.

You're absolutely right that the PC connection point is more rigid. That's an effort to provide stronger feedback to hitters. Unfortunately, when you hit a Ghost, GA, Demarini, etc., if it's mishit, all anyone sees is the ball not going very far. Someone mishits a PC, they get a stinger much like the metal RT's, the old one piece bats and the wood bats. For the life of me, I can't understand why hitters don't want feedback from their bats. DD grew up a metalhead. If she hit one off the end or close to the hands, she definitely felt it. Guess what? It turned her into arguably one of the best hitters in the state at her age level because fewer and fewer balls were hit off-center of the SS.

As for the GA vs G end weight, they are the same. The weighting of the bat is placed in the same spot. The difference is on the GA, the outer shell is a tad thicker with the inner limiting barrel made of a new and different composite than the regular Ghost and the GA is actually heavier per bat size from .1 to .2 OZ than the Ghost giving it more of an end-load feel for most. Of course, this will depend on the hitter.

As for Louisville Sluggers and Demarini, for those that don't know, they are owned by Wilson. Everything in their lines right now are tweaks and repaints. They have some stuff in R&D but they have yet to come out with anything that would challenge the new tech performance of the Ghost, Ghost Advance, Power Carbon or Quatro Pro.

wpaguy

Reaction score
my kid wants me to search for a new 2018 Blue Ghost for the 2021 season.... By far her favorite bat but really hard to find
Hot bat for sure , Dicks had them for 150.00 or less last Christmas. I picked up 2 ....DD love them ...But I heard they where on strike 2 by NCAA. Hoping she can still use them , but if not check out the power carbon by mizuno...got that one under the tree this year

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another one with a big push is the Marucci Echo, heard some good things but never tried it. I recently purchased a used Rawlings Quatro Pro to see if my DD likes it.

My views on the Echo are this. Marucci has always been a very good competitor on the baseball side. On the softball side of things, not so much. Their past offerings on the SB side, as far as I'm concerned, have been POS's. That said, the Echo seems to be a strong offering. The weighting seems to be be slightly more of an end-load by feel than the Xeno, but not so much as the GA or the Ghost itself. The exit speed seems to be on par with the GA if not slightly more depending upon the hitter. However, the pricepoint has me a bit worried as it is much cheaper than most and as in a new car model year, buyer beware.

Historically, Marucci hasn't had the "word of mouth spread" that other offerings from other manufacturers have had until Marucci has put their previous models basically on clearance and sent their purchasers to various low level sites "to talk it up" much as Boombah has done in the past with their bats.

If this bat proves out though, I can foresee it rivaling the GA and G in sales.

#4mom

Reaction score
Do you by chance know the sizes? We’ve been looking too

yocoach

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you by chance know the sizes? We’ve been looking too
As of right now, Marucci Echoes are only offered in the 30,31,32,33, and 34 inch drop 10 models. Is that what you meant or are you asking about one of the other bats we were talking about?

DLamb

Reaction score
My DD has a 21’ LXT . She feels it has more pop out of the wrapper than her 19’LXT. Time will tell. She has 5 bats she uses.
19’LXT
Blue Ghost
20’. RXT
21’ LXT
Mizuno Nighthawk - for colder weather. It was night discounted.

Gabe Williams

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

I have a friend that's a bat vendor and sells Mizuno, Easton, Rawlings, Marucci and multiple SP lines. Everyday he sells bats at a significant discount and right now he's doing a hell of a deal on the Mizuno PC's. If you're interested in his contact info DM me.

Do you know how the Mizuno Titanium compares to the PC?