whats better?

This is my dd first yr of 14u. Since they've changed the rule on metal spikes, I was wondering what the thoughts were on "permanent " or "interchangeable " spikes? She said she has no preference, so....... any insight by those who's dd are already using metal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.;)

Once mine switched to spikes she loved them and she never changed back. Six years later and no problems or injuries either.

My dd was very very nervous to change to metal. She wore them for practice one day and loved them. Said she would never go back. Still wear the rubber ones in the back yard pitching. Those metal ones tear up a yard.

If your dd is in middle school it may be a wise move to buy shoes that are interchangeable. Mizuno and possibly Adidas makes them.

Len

This is my dd first yr of 14u. Since they've changed the rule on metal spikes, I was wondering what the thoughts were on "permanent " or "interchangeable " spikes? She said she has no preference, so....... any insight by those who's dd are already using metal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.;)

I would suggest permanent.

You have maintenance to do with interchangeable spikes...

We had one pair of Easton Redlines...
Great shoes and light weight but, I had too carry a bag of spare screws and spikes (since they tend to come loose from walking on concrete, gravel etc and the ladies will walk on these surfaces in-between games or going from warm up to the field).

My DD also could wear-out or break down shoes after a few months so we ended up replacing them every year anyway so the ability to install new spikes from season to season really did not benefit us.
You may also still need to have some rubber molded because some league/tournament or park rules will still not allow metals under 18 especially parks with turf like found at berliner.

I would suggest permanent.

You have maintenance to do with interchangeable spikes...

We had one pair of Easton Redlines...
Great shoes and light weight but, I had too carry a bag of spare screws and spikes (since they tend to come loose from walking on concrete, gravel etc and the ladies will walk on these surfaces in-between games or going from warm up to the field).

My DD also could wear-out or break down shoes after a few months so we ended up replacing them every year anyway so the ability to install new spikes from season to season really did not benefit us.
You may also still need to have some rubber molded because some league/tournament or park rules will still not allow metals under 18 especially parks with turf like found at berliner.

I received this email from Bill from Fastpitch Showdowns... They are going to allow spikes on the turf at Berliner this year in his events..

"After much discussion, metal cleats will be allowed on the turf fields at Berliner Park. The park people realize the extra expense and difficulty it is for teams to have separate turf cleats, and they have made several adjustments to allow this to happen".

Now, I wonder what the adjustment will be?

As an echo, my dd is second year 16U and would never go back to the rubber cleats. She said as a pitcher, she's always sure of her footing with the metal cleats, not so with the rubber -- especially in the summer when the infield gets rock hard.