Wheelersburg OH playing in LL WS

manitoudan

Reaction score
And a true world series it is , playing Mexico tonight on ESPN plus at 7pm. From Eugene Oregon. They play Friday at 1pm , Sat at 4;30 , Sunday at 7pm . 11-12u age group . Burgs #1 P is a lefty who was 59-60 on the gun ( at 40 feet) per ESPN in the regionals , and it isnt straight . Big sister won a state title 2 years ago , went d1 .

Rotte

Reaction score
Howard. Big sister (Faith) is the best pitcher I've seen, that nobody talks about.

OHsoftball

Reaction score
Awesome! Good coaching and proactive parents with a very successful HS program results in more interest from the youth in that area. No one else in SE ohio has figured that out yet. Good luck to Burg!

manitoudan

Reaction score
Howard. Big sister (Faith) is the best pitcher I've seen, that nobody talks about.

Yeah I recruited her as hard as I could to stay at home and throw for Shawnee , I expect her to be very successful at NKU next year . Nasty Nasty Nasty change up .

Run26

Reaction score
MD - any idea if Chris White is still involved with the Wheelersburg program? Used to coach a Stingrays squad.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Run26- dont think he is . I know he is not on the HS staff or this 12u team . Someone said they thought he applied for the Morehead job but thats a rumor that was floated my way .

Rotte

Reaction score
Yeah I recruited her as hard as I could to stay at home and throw for Shawnee , I expect her to be very successful at NKU next year . Nasty Nasty Nasty change up .
No doubt. Actually has stuff that works. Makes that 63 mph fast ball look 68. Great kid & family as well.

Bullbuck

Reaction score
Good luck to Wheelersburg from the Poland-Canfield Junior League crew, which just returned from the Junior League World Series in Kirkland (Seattle), WA. In addition to other U.S. teams, the girls got to play against the teams from Canada and the Phillipines and hang out with the Italians and Puerto Ricans. Hope Wheelersburg has an equally great experience in Oregon.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Burg couldn't shake a bad top 1/2 of inning one .. had several mistakes that cost them , just didn't play clean softball. Lost 3-2 to Oregon after giving up 3 in the first . Had two base running errors in late innings that hurt . Pitcher Howard gave up more runs in that inning than previous 4-5 starts.

nwbackstop

Reaction score
Congratulations to wheelersburg,what an accomplishment for those girls ,coaches,parents and community.Something they will remember for the rest of their lives.

manitoudan

Reaction score
Great effort by all involved , Congrats to the Burg . Great pitching trumps everything .

lewam3

Reaction score
I was very very impressed with Wheelersburg's pitcher.
On a side note, if you have the ability to watch some replays on ESPN3, check out the Pennsylvania team v Phillipines game. The pitcher for the Phillipines who came in the 7th inning (eventually lost) couldn't have been more than 4'6" and 60 lbs. Her glove was almost as big as her. Yet she could still throw in the low 50's!!!
okok, maybe 4'10" and high 40's but still...

Last edited:

manitoudan

Reaction score
Phillipines was very well schooled . Leadoff for Pa was great , Burgs leadoff is solid as well. Pa's defense let them down in the final , and they only had a couple kids who had a chance versus Howard . Burg had over a 1000 people meet them at 1100pm last night at their home field.