Which is better? Rockettech or Catalyst

I am going to buy my DD one of two bats and would like to get some feedback on them before I do. She has a great swing (she's 14) and we hit a friends Rocket Tech the other day for the first time and she was absolutely crushing the ball. Was pretty well sold on the Anderson bat until the guy that loaned me the bat said he thought he was going to buy his DD a Catalyst. Any thoughts on the two bats? Thx

Look at the 2006 Synergy - it's the latest out. You can find reviews of all the bats at realbatreviews.com. We were going to buy the Catalyst and then we were told about the syngery - my duaghter had a double and a triple the first two times she used it. I was able to geta good rpice using a 'buy it now" on eaby. It came wrapped with receipt and warranty. I can get you the seller's site if you want it after you read mroe reviews.

My daughter uses the Rocket-tech, but used the new Synergy (2006 -10 drop) this weekend, and both bats are pretty equal. As you know the Rocket-Tech is end loaded ( which might cause the hands to drop a little) and the Synergy is a balanced bat. I don't think you can go wrong with either bat. Try the catalog route, either Direct Sports (Virginia) or Western Athlectic Supply (California) for the best prices available.

Not sure I would rely on realbatreviews.com

Click on their top rated bats, the far right column shows what the ranking is based on. How can you give a bat the number 1 ranking based on 1 review?

My daughter has both bats and uses both. She seems to prefer the Catalyst, but the RT is a great bat. The Cat we have is a -8, not the -10 version. Same length as the RT with an ounce more weight which is great if you can maintain the bat speed, but not so great if you can't.

I personally think the RT has more pop. It is also more end loaded. I do not agree that it causes the hands to drop, but I do agree with some others on other boards who feel that the heavy end loading can help solve some bad swing habits, "casting the hands" for example.

In my opinion its the RocketTech. The ball flys harder off this bat than any other I've seen. But, if you don't have a good swing ...... don't waste your money.

I would reccomend trying both bats before you spend that kind of money on either bat and see which works best for her. ? ?My 14 year old has the RT and seems to struggle with dropping her hands. She has since stopped using it for now and has gone to a lighter bat.
?My 12 year old uses the Catalyst and loves it. ?The Easton Synergy is also a good bat and the ball seems to come off the bat well.

I have seen some great hitting by girls using all 3 bats, so I don't think you can say one is better than the other. See which one your DD is more comfortable with.

At the Akron racers game the other night most of the girls used the Catalyst bat from both teams .... A couple used the Synergy and I saw 1 using the RT...

After seeing our first year of 18u, the RT does seem to rule the bat wars, but we have had some issues with our 04 RT,the three pins in the end of the bat keep working there way out, anyone else on here have this problem?

Yes, this happens a lot with the RTs. I have all three pins out on one of my 04 RTs. They are great bats, though, if you can swing them.

As far as which bat is the best bat, it's hard to say. I think it makes more sense to get each girl's hands on one of the top 5-10 bats and let her choose from those.

Between our girls, we have several Rocket Techs (2004 and 2005), several Synergys (2005 and 2006), a Catalyst or two, a Miken Maniac and a couple of the non-composite Eastons. Some girls will go back and forth between a bat or two.

Personally i think rocket tech is better, i have tried both bats and i just hit better with the rocket tech

I personally have swung both bats and prefer the Rocket Tech. I believe that this bat brings more pop. Im hitting pretty good now...but when i used the RT in soft toss i was hitting the ball to the fence every time! I truly do believe that the rocket tech is the greater bat, if u want a players opinion.

The Catalyst hands down!!! Personaly, that and the new 2006 Synergy -10 are the best two bats out there.

You might want to check on the different sanction sites to see which will stay legal. I've heard only through mouth that the rocket tech will no longer be legal ASA after this year. Don't know NSA or USSSA. Just hearsay, but would be nice to know before spending a lot of money on a bat.

I think you should let your daughter try out the bats and have her deside which one she likes best. I use a rockettec and it works really well for me but what works for me might not work fot your DD.

when you buy your bat from a participating dealer... all Anderson bats come with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Purchase a RKT FP, borrow a Cat and compare the 2 head to head.

may the best bat win ;D

the rockettech doesnt have half the sweetspot the cat has and neither has the sweetspot as a miken. the mikens for my money, are more forgiving. the miken intensit-e blows them both away, but it will do the same to your wallet as its not made any more and harder to find.

Bought a Rockettech 2005 for my 14U daughter in March 2005. She has hit 9 home runs and cannot count the doubles and triples. This bat is awesome. She did lossen the outer shell this past Sunday on a line drive between short and 3rd. After inspecting it, the outershell has come loose and is vibrating. I just sent it back today 3/10/05 to the company and will let everyone know what happens. They will receive it ground ups on 8/16/05. For the money spent, this bat has out performed all expectations. So much so, I have bought another for my youngest.

Will say, the minus 9 is different to swing and takes a lot to get used to. Once they do, look out. Will also say, I have called the Anderson Bat Company and to this point they have been very perfessional and indicated they are looking forward to receiving the bat back to to determine what went wrong. They even called me the next day to be sure I was sending it back. Wether I receive a new bat or repaired bat is yet to be determined.

Thanks

Jeff Klopfer
Classics 10U