Which is better???

I've been looking at this Softball Magazine. I need a new bat and I was wondering which is better: The Worth Prodigy -13, or the Easton "Havoc -12.5. I have the old Havoc and I like it, but should I go on which looks best (both style and weight to length ratio) or which works best (in my experience, I like the Havoc the most)? Thank you and have a nice day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ovenmitt8514, our team has not tried the Havoc so I cannot comment, but I can tell you that the prodigy -13 has excellent pop. I was really surprised, and the players love it.

Get in the cage day after day. Have seen girls hit just as far with a $50 bat as girls with a $220 bat. Practice is the only thing that will make you a better hitter. No bat will ever replace practice.

A real softball player can rip one 220 ft. with a $50 dollar bat.
Some people need a little more help than others, so they go with the $300 bats. Practice makes perfect, not a bat.

I agree practice makes perfect. Also some of these bats come no smaller then 30in and that may be to big for a girl. Need to make sure the bat fits.

Has anyone in this thread advocated simply buying a new bat in place of practice? Must have missed that.

BTW, the Prodigy is not $220.00, it can typically be purchased for around 109.00 to 119.00. In the grand scheme of things that is a pretty fair price for a good bat bytodays standards.

Also, I suggest that it is best to use the 30.00 to 50.00 bats to practice with and use the better bats for game day only.

One last thing, good hitters can hit with anything, but they definately hit better with better weapons.

Using the cheap bats in the cage is a good idea. Another idea for practice hitting is a wood bat.

The wood bat will be heavier and force good mechanics to swing it properly. Also, the sweet spot is tiny compared to an aluminum bat. This will enforce making consistent contact for maximum power. You get immediate feedback from the wood bat with respect to hitting off the sweet spot (or, off the center of percussion, for those of you that prefer the technical term).

Master the wood bat in the cage and you will most likely see great results when using your aluminum or composite bats come game day.

Thanks to all of you. I do practice every day, if not on tees then on the string with wiffles on it. I go to the cages every day also. The only problem with my bat now is that the pop is dying out, sad to say, but it's getting old. My mom offered to buy the Havoc for me if I saved up my money for the Prodigy. Yes, yes, I know, Why in the world would you want two Well, I'll compare how I feel with both and which works best for me. Thanks for your help, guys. Have a nice day.

Last edited by a moderator: