Why did your 16U or 18U daughter leave their softball team this year?

WalkOffHR

Reaction score
Obviously this time of year a lot of players leave teams. When they are HS aged players and they jump ship they risk being asked this question by a college coach during recruiting visits.

So let's hear it.

Why did your DD leave the team?

Commonsensex2

Reaction score
Obviously this time of year a lot of players leave teams. When they are HS aged players and they jump ship they risk being asked this question by a college coach during recruiting visits.

So let's hear it.

Popcorn please!?

Really

Reaction score
To get more exposure and help with recruiting.

Last edited:

flygirlsdad

Reaction score
I think by 16, the teammates should have a common goal. Its not just about playing for fun anymore although they should still be having fun. The young women who want to play at the next level should be surrounded by others with the same aspirations. They should and will help each other get recruited. If it is about playing for fun or simply getting better for your HS, there are teams out there for that too.

wow

Reaction score
Agree with above. At the 16U level its about being with girls who want the same things. Exposure is another.

We played 16U and lost a few girls, not because of talent, but because they had other interests. If a college wants to ask that question, most of the girls who are still playing at this level already have the right answer...

Louuuuu

Reaction score
they jump ship they risk being asked this question by a college coach during recruiting visits.

I would think that a college coaches' thoughts would be more like "Gee, I'm glad I found you" than "Why weren't you on this team last year?"

fpitchdad

Reaction score
A lot of girls are probably leaving because they are tired of playing for mid-level teams and they want to play for a top-tier team. A lot of pitchers probably wouldn't leave teams if they would get a financial break, I mean come on, they are the hardest working player on the team. :)

eagleone

Reaction score
A lot of girls are probably leaving because they are tired of playing for mid-level teams and they want to play for a top-tier team. A lot of pitchers probably wouldn't leave teams if they would get a financial break, I mean come on, they are the hardest working player on the team. :)

They also usually get the biggest financial reward when it comes to scholarships.

SoftballT

Reaction score
DD changed teams but not by choice. Over half moved up to 18u , coach wanted a 16u A schedule but frankly could not get the full team of high level players he wanted. She did secure a spot on a very good team - right now it's a job and schedules and level of play are very important. Excited to see where some of these 16-17 year olds end up going. Ready to get the Fall started!

Fes

Reaction score

So let's hear it.

The coach made many many promises but in the end did nothing to move the girls forward , and come to find out he formed the team because hes such an ass no one wanted his girls on their team, he went even as far as to put down all the other girls on the team calling the girls fat and no ball player