Will gas prices influence where you play next year

Tryouts are now just a little over a month away now. Will gas prices influence where you let your kid tryout and play next year? :'(

Re: Will gas prices influence where you play next

Gas prices will influence where we schedule our tournaments next year. Unless you're Bill Gates, how couldn't it? By this time next year, we will probably be paying around $5.50-6/gal. Record profits for the oil companies while putting the pinch on honest, hard working America. Make the grain we sell the Saudi's $140/bushel and see oil prices come down.

vstormmerle said:
Make the grain we sell the Saudi's $140/bushel and see oil prices come down.

Interesting :cool:

vstormmerle said:
Gas prices will influence where we schedule our tournaments next year. Unless you're Bill Gates, how couldn't it? By this time next year, we will probably be paying around $5.50-6/gal. Record profits for the oil companies while putting the pinch on honest, hard working America. Make the grain we sell the Saudi's $140/bushel and see oil prices come down.

Amen!!!!

Oil companies are making profits off of the good-old supply and demand scenario. Would you rather have the Jimmy Carter era back, where the government regulated the price and caused a shortage??? Do you remember the gas lines? I do and that was far worse. The problem is with the speculators driving up the oil futures. Look at natural gas, where are those increases coming from?! Folks trying to make a buck playing the futures market.

I'm sure the price of gas will hurt some of the more remote tournaments, and will keep all but the elite teams closer to home.

Speculators are the real problem. Oil companies have said that oil should be about $60 a barrel based on supply. Speculators are the ones driving the prices to new records. Get rid of speculations in trading and watch the prices get back to reasonable.

With the current rate of increase in gas prices, next year gas will cost about $5.30.
Yes it will affect our decision.

I agree with Pakman, it's time to put some major controls on the spec market.

It probably won't limit what tournments she plays but definately what team she tries out for.

It will influence everything, the number of teams, where they play etc.

Hmmm... There was no sense of urgency back in 1974 - what makes anyone think today is any different? Will we apply another band-aid, or will we finally get smart and solve the problem? There's no doubt that America has the technology to solve the problem, but politics and the almighty dollar are powerful influences to those short on integrity. Politics is what causes grain shortages and starving populations, why would it be any different with petroleum? Until we get serious about using renewable energy sources, we are only passing the problem along to another generation. And just for the record, neither of the dolts running for president have the guts or willpower to make a stand.

I am not convinced we have the technology as of right this sec to replace gas/oil as our #1 energy need. I think if something was on the horizon one of the car companies like GM (that is declaring Bankruptcy) would have released something. A car that ran on, lets just say Water, would save the Detroit auto makers. I believe when a car is created that runs as well as a combustion engine driven car is finally created it will probably be something completely different then we are use to, It will take somebody who is thinking outside the box.

I think you will see by 2010 - hybrid cars with much smaller batteries taking a big part of the market. By then, they will have cars that you can plug into an outlet to charge overnight. If you are looking for a car now, resist the hybrid - economics don't make sense - get into a short-term lease and then buy the next generation hybrid.

Yes..no doubt about it. My returning parents already want to rent vans and split the cost

And coming to Wilmington will make sense since we are right smack in the middle of Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and all points east.

Coach Murph is on exactly the same page as Click & Clack the Tappit Brothers. I'm really hoping my next car will be "plugged in" at night