Will Softball Be In the 2020 Olympics?

InSider

Reaction score
Well folks, tomorrow is the big day. The day that the IOC votes whether or not to allow softball into the 2020 Olympic Games.

I believe this would do wonders to reignite some passion for the sport. Many girls wanted to wear the USA uniform and follow in the footsteps of some of the greats, but have been denied that opportunity for 8 years. Sure, they can look at maybe playing in the pro league, but there's nothing quite like playing for your country.

I will certainly keep you all updated with tomorrow's vote.

mike_dyer

Reaction score
Q: Will Softball Be In the 2020 Olympics?

A: Yap.

InSider

Reaction score
Interesting. I posted an update to this earlier. The internet may have eaten it. :rolleyes:

FastBat

Reaction score
This is great news for softball!

2020 Olympics will get here quickly...looking forward to the U.S.A. bringing home the gold! Lol...too soon?

wristbandbuddy

Reaction score
Website
www.wristbandbuddy.com
That's a joyful news for softball lovers. most of the crazy players had already doubled their practice session. Now more local matches will come in action to give a tough competition in Olympics..

Fairman

Reaction score
This is great news and a real chance to showcase our sport on the international stage.

However, in order for Softball not to be one-hit-wonder and be ushered out of the Olympic Games in 2024 the European teams must become competitive and the US team must not be overwhelmily dominate (winning 53 to 3 will get softball thrown out once again). In fact if something like a small Caribbean country could steal a gold it would be great for the continued inclusion of Softball as an Olympic Sport.