Will your DD be with the same Organization next year???

So, to lighten it up little and to make jabs at the "What Organization does yourr DD play for" thread, I will ask "Will your DD be with the same organization next year?" Those that have been around travel ball know that girls move around after each season (sometimes during the season) so let's get some predictions.

Oh yeah. Climb out on that limb. We can dig this thread out in the fall to see who held to their post.

No team bashing allowed!!!, just a simple yes or no will suffice.

I'm hoping that she is but it all depends on her tryout. If she doesn't make one of the teams then I'll hope to find another organization as good as that one.

i sure hope so --The ridicule from Ringer would be unmerciful if we move on. MD

DD found a team where she is wanted so don't forsee ant reason she would ever leeave.

I would like for her to tryout for a "real" travel team this fall. She has been on our local team for 5 years and will be in HS next year so the eligibility factor will come into play in 2012 (most are only in 7th right now). They do well, but would like to move on to bigger things.

So if she wants to take softball to the next step, I'd like for her to be on a more competitive team and get more professional coaching. Any suggestions? Would like to stay within 60 minutes of home for practices, we're in Athens - yea that limits us a lot! ;)

DD is with the current TEAM because of the coach. Loves the coach and her team mates. Hopes to be with him for the rest of her years. If he were to leave and the team was no more she would not stay with the org.

Plan on being with the same organization/coach. She has really come around with the coaching and is turning into a decent player........but it does depend on her tryouts and also with the stipulation from her coach for the next season.......(has to have a 700 batting average....LOL or dont even bother coming back) That's why she loves the team, coach picks on her and she has great friends she plays with.

Oldest if her coach wants her back, she will be back been around since we've been in softball, GREAT coach.

Middle DD's whole team including coaches move up, and she would have 2 more years at 10's, so you never know what might happen.

We are extremely happy that 10 of our 11 players for 2010 were with us last summer. And the 11th is wholly integrated into our team as she was able to play with us in the QDSS tournament in South Carolina last Labor Day as well as in fall ball.

It does make things so much easier when everyone is on the same page as to how the team operates. Plus we have 11 wonderful young ladies and 11 hugely supportive families. Kudos to Ted for providing Head Coaching that makes them want to stick around. (And for allowing me to stick around for 35 years).

Yes, ... unless I cut her. Any more 'tude while teaching her to drive will just about do it.

Very, very happy with the Sapphires, so yes she will be with them again. Very positive environment, focusing on both individual and team goals, and maturity & accountability, thanks to the leadership of the Head Coach, Jim Bondoni, and a fantastic group of kids and parents.

We are extremely happy that 10 of our 11 players for 2010 were with us last summer. And the 11th is wholly integrated into our team as she was able to play with us in the QDSS tournament in South Carolina last Labor Day as well as in fall ball.

It does make things so much easier when everyone is on the same page as to how the team operates. Plus we have 11 wonderful young ladies and 11 hugely supportive families. Kudos to Ted for providing Head Coaching that makes them want to stick around. (And for allowing me to stick around for 35 years).

That's awesome, being able to pull that off is related directly to the coaches. I am not a big fan of keeping teams together, I think 2 years is the Max. It seems to me a pecking order is created, a comfort level that might impact competitive drive and as you progress into year 3 and 4 the team can become a team with 2 sets of players those that want to play college ball and those that don't. I think it would take a special coaching staff to keep a core group of players together for 3 or 4 years and be successful. With 35 years experience youve seen a lot and probably have a solution to my problem with keeping a team together. You've been there done that, so as I start all over again with another DD, this time in the coaching realm, do you have any tips for me regarding keeping a core together and keeping a competitive fire and healthy inter team competition?

Cincy Doom 95 is in at least their 6th year and Doom 96 their 5th. Doom 16U Wear is at least their 5th year and could be longer. All top ten teams. DD and I think that is the environment we want.

Musty .. you hit it on the head.. teams that stay together - win together.. my 11u group has 7 girls that have played in their 3rd year... it is the major reason they are so tough - well, that and all the great coach'n I give them... LOL!

Consistency is the key - that is why we re-org'd our teams into same year BD's .. ie, 98, 99, etc...

That's awesome, being able to pull that off is related directly to the coaches. I am not a big fan of keeping teams together, I think 2 years is the Max. It seems to me a pecking order is created, a comfort level that might impact competitive drive and as you progress into year 3 and 4 the team can become a team with 2 sets of players those that want to play college ball and those that don't. I think it would take a special coaching staff to keep a core group of players together for 3 or 4 years and be successful. With 35 years experience youve seen a lot and probably have a solution to my problem with keeping a team together. You've been there done that, so as I start all over again with another DD, this time in the coaching realm, do you have any tips for me regarding keeping a core together and keeping a competitive fire and healthy inter team competition?

UBER... you are so right about pecking order and kids/parents/coaches competitive drive to make their kids compete for their positions. We've played on a team with that long history of core kids and coaches kids and it's all to surreal to see kids playing out of position because they earned that spot 2,3,4 years ago, but now are simply average at best at their position while more talented kids are fighting it out for playing time. Imagine it happens so slowly that it's hard to notice from the inside.

UBER... you are so right about pecking order and kids/parents/coaches competitive drive to make their kids compete for their positions. We've played on teams with that long history of core kids and coaches kids and it's all to surreal to see kids playing out of position because they earned that spot 2,3,4 years ago, but now are simply average at best at their position while studds on the team are fighting it out for playing time. Imagine it happens so slowly that it's impossible to notice from the inside.

You are right on here... we have 8 girls on our team that has played together for the past 3 years. Last year, one the players had beat out the girl that had been playing shortstop for us. It was obvious from all 3 of the coaches that (for the better of the team) the change was needed. Needless to say, the girl that lost the ss position quit our team this year. Her mother told me she felt that it was wrong for us to make the change since her dd played ss for us the 2 privious years. It was hard to see her leave because she had played with us so long but, if your team wants to be competitive, as coaches our job is to put the best players in the positions on the field. Sometimes with returning players, year after year, it is difficult to pull that trigger.

Musty .. you hit it on the head.. teams that stay together - win together.. my 11u group has 7 girls that have played in their 3rd year... it is the major reason they are so tough - well, that and all the great coach'n I give them... LOL!

Consistency is the key - that is why we re-org'd our teams into same year BD's .. ie, 98, 99, etc...

Hard to argue with success!

It would be interesting to see. Below is the top ten in 14u. How many have been around more than 2 years and how many are new or 1 or 2 years old? I already said the Doom 95 and 96 have been together for years. What about the others? I think only one (Intensity) is relatively new but not sure. Is that right?

1 Doom '95 (9)
2 Laser Gold
3 Intensity (1)
4 Valley Extreme - Heaverly
5 Laser Black
6 PC Sting '96
7 Classics '96
8 Buckeye Heat '95
9 Doom '96
10 Laser Silver