Wilmington All-Star & Roster Rec Tourney 6/28-29

There will be an All Star and a separate Roster Rec Tournaments to be held in Wilmington, Ohio on June 27-28-29 weekend. ?It will ?be held at J.W.Denver Williams Jr. Park located at 1190 Rombach Avenue in Wilmington, Ohio.

The tournament is open to 16u, 14u, 12u and 10u teams.

All Star Rec is a classification where a gathering of rec all stars put together a team.

Roster rec is a rec team that plays with the roster they have in their respected city ?leagues with an addition to 2 players.

WARNING: ?Do not believe that you are going to sneak an elite team into this tournament, whether Class "A" of "B". ?There are too many teams willing to drive a distance to come play in a TRUE rec tournament.... and I am going to assure them that this tournament will be a TRUE rec tourney. ?I have been with the NSA for one year and USSSA for 24 years and have umpired fast pitch softball throughout the area..... I won't put up with it. ?I will cross reference every team entering this tournament. This is the reason teams should think clearly about getting in this tournament early.. because if I can't verify your info... then you are out of luck.

All teams must submit a name and telephone number and a copy of ?their city rec rosters before entry into the tournament. ?Teams must show proof of team insurance or have sign waivers from a parent or guardian. ?I will place that waiver upon the board within a week for teams to print out.

Entry Fee is $275.00 dollars. ?It will be a four game guarentee with and 3 game round robin and then a single elimination format.

Contact Tim Cleaver at 513-575-3330 or at ohioquakerman@yahoo.com.

? ?Roster Rec Tournament

16u

1. ? Tealtown Cobras ? ? Clermont County, Ohio
2. ?EKRC Firebirds Kettering, Ohio ?
3. ?Southern Ohio Express ? Russellville, Ohio ? ?
4. Devil Dogs Carlisle, Ohio

14 Division is open again.

12u

? ? ?
? ?
?
1. ? Tri-Way II ? ?Shreve, Ohio
2. ?Trenton ? ?(Black) Trenton, Ohi0

3. ?Springfield Ridge Runners Springfield, Ohio
4. ? EKRC Firebirds Kettering, Ohio
5. ?
?

12u Inquiry list: ?Teams from Canal Futon, Ohio , Clinton Massie (Clinton Co.) and ?London, Ohio team

10u

1. ?Troy Terror - Drees Troy, Ohio
2. ?W-T Lancers ? ? Withamsville, Ohio
3. ? PSI - Lancaster Twisters Lancaster, Ohio
4. ?Tealtown Thunder Clermont County, Ohio
5. ?W.T Bombers ?I ? Amelia, Ohio
6. ?Highland Heat Hillsboro, Ohio
7. ?Lakota Renegades ?West Chester, Ohio ?
8. ? Tealtown Hot Shots ? ? Batavia, Ohio
9. ? South Charleston ? 9u ? ? South Charleston, Ohio
10. ?Springfield Ridge Runners ?Springfield, Ohio

10u INQUIRY list: ?London, Ohio team. ?

? ?

Re: Wilmington All-Star & Roster Rec Tourney 6/28-

? ?RELEASE

I, the undersigned, manager of the team known as _______________ ____________________ hereby state that the team represented by the attached roster is a willing participant in a tournament known as
_________________________________ to be held on June 27th, 28th and 29th. ?The tournament is hosted by Tim Cleaver at the Wilmington City Park in Wilmington, Ohio. ?In consideration of the acceptance by Tim Cleaver and Wilmington City Parks of our application to participate in said tournament, I do hereby release and forever discharge the Tim Cleaver and City of Wilmington Parks of and from all liabilities, claims actions and possible causes of action whatsoever that may accrue including death, that may be sustained by person or property while in, about, ?or in route to and away from said tournament.

Whereas, the undersigned is aware of the dangerous nature of their undertakings as it relates to loss of life and/or limb. ?It is agreed as follows: ?that in consideration of being allowed to participate in said tournament, the undersigned team through it's manager voluntarily assumes all risks from accident or damages to person or property and hereby releases Tim Cleaver and the City of Wilmington Parks and Recreation Park from all claims, liability or demand of any kind because of personal injury or damage of any kind sustained or caused by the negligence of Tim Cleaver or the City of Wilmington or its sponsors or otherwise.

I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING RELEASE.

Manager's signature ____________________________________
Manager of ? ___________________________________________

Entry Form

Team Name :

Hometown:

Coach's Name:

Phone Number:

Cell:

Age group:

All Star Rec Division ? __________ ? ?Roster Rec Division ? ___________ Check one

Send to Tim Cleaver at 1534 W. Meadowbrook Drive, Loveland, Ohio 45140

Getting response from South Euclid, Ohio and Cincnnati area looking for a true rec tourney and all star rec.

When school lets out I am sure there will be more entries. ?Come enjoy the facilities at Wilmington.

Kirkland... thank you for the entry. ?School is about out and hope to hear more from teams asap so the ones in it will know of the interest so far.

Thank you to the two teams from Waverly, Ohio and the 10u team from Cincinnati. Let's watch the teams come from all over.

Over the Memorial Day weekend there were flyers posted and some tournaments announcing this tournament and the one in Goshen. Heard from a few teams via e-mail this morning.

In the 10U Divisions are you playing by NSA rules or are they modfied?

It is my intention to play by NSA rules straight across the board. Please notice this is not a NSA sanctioned event as I chose not to do this tournament with NSA. That same weekend I have a NSA Elite tournament at the Park as well. This gives me the opportunity to have umpires who know the NSA rules to umpire and hopefully spread that knowledge to teams for future consideration of playing their leagues with NSA rules if the teams have a good experience with NSA events. To most, it is their first experience outside the norm rec league rules.

So, what the book says, is the rules of this tournament.

Now, if every coach in the 10u division has a thought about "modifying"... then of course this can be passed to all coaches for their consideration prior to tournament with total agreement required. Afterall, it is your tournament. Got one more to add to the list of entries with one on the " Inquiry List" .

Thank you Lancaster Twisters 10u for the entry. Talk your sister team Lancaster Storm 10u into coming to the tourney. The girls are going to have a great time. It's true rec all the way.

Thank you W.T. Bombers I for the entry and I have a spot for the WT Bombers II team. Just let me know asap as it is starting to fill it fast in the 10u. Thanks.

Be back online on Monday at 9 am.

I was e-mailed a question this morning so I'll try to answer the best I can do with it. The question was in the 10u division. One team plays in a smaller sized rec league and another plays in a huge rec league and is competitive.

The question is: is the competitive team actually an all star rec ? Because they play in the upper division of the league.

My concern is a fair tournament for all the teams. I can only make sure no "B" teams are getting in it as they have their own tourney the same weekend to enjoy as well.

I will e-mail all concerned when I go over this matter this weekend. But, the rule is the roster team plus two players makes you roster. Over two makes you all-star and I dividing line has to be in place. It is too hard to say a 10u rec is too competitive if it is their roster team.

I'll take any comments. Be back online on MOnday morning at 9:30 a.m. with my decision

Thanks West Chester 10u. I didn't get the name of your team yet.

Just so the out of town teams know.... All rec will not start until 11 a.m. on Saturday.

? The first two game times Saturday morning of 8:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. goes to the Elite teams that are in a separate tournament .

I don't see a need for Friday night as of this time.

Have made a decision to keep Tealtown Hot Shots at rec level.

If any of the teams are 9u teams please let me know so I can group you with the other 9u teams. I want to make this as fair as possible to all teams entering the tournament.

Same way with the 11u and 13u teams. Just let me know and let me try to match the teams based on their age if I can do so. But, be assured that I will do everyting possible to make it happen.

I have placed an address to send the forms with the form post. Teams need to start sending these in asap or be shut out. Because if I can't verify your roster... you are not in. And time is running out.

I have added 4 more spaces to the 10u rec tournament.

Tim Cleaver

And if you know any other 9u teams... tell them about it

Here is something else I believe in as well. ?I wish for all teams to agree to allow every girl be placed in the batting order if a manager wishes to do so. ?This gives every girl the opportunity to enjoy the weekend and be involved. ?In case of injury or whatever.... the batting order is then compressed and no out will be given to spot of the injured player.

Come have fun with your daughters at this tournament.

Thank you TSS Photography out of the Mason, Ohio youth league for your 12u entry. If you know any more... let them know we have a few openings left.

Thank you Sudden Death 9u for the entry. One of the WT Bombers teams can't make it and have dropped out of the 10u division. Have lots of e-mails from teams inquiring. Espec ially in 14u and 12u. Have heard from three 16u teams who are going to get back to me after this week's league games and talking with the parents.

I think it will be a great weekend for the girls.