World Series!!!!!

coachjwb

Reaction score
Wow ... the Indians are going to the World Series for only the 3rd time in my (long) lifetime! What a true team they are ... a different star every night, and everyone doing the role they need to do on a particular night. I am so, so proud of them.

What a great year I picked to get my first set of season tickets and which allowed me to buy playoff tickets. I could sell them for a huge profit, but they are priceless to me, and I wouldn't miss these games for the world. Look for me right next to the Indians bullpen right on the aisle! :) :)

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
Gotta love Tito and his button pushing!!!!
GO TRIBE!!!
What a game Merritt threw!!! And Miller and Allen were just plain amazing!!!!

lewam3

Reaction score
Wow ... the Indians are going to the World Series for only the 3rd time in my (long) lifetime! What a true team they are ... a different star every night, and everyone doing the role they need to do on a particular night. I am so, so proud of them.

What a great year I picked to get my first set of season tickets and which allowed me to buy playoff tickets. I could sell them for a huge profit, but they are priceless to me, and I wouldn't miss these games for the world. Look for me right next to the Indians bullpen right on the aisle! :) :)

Priceless? Everyone's got a price. Right now some tix are going for 3-4x face value. Win game 1, they go up even further. And how about that All Star game! Thanks American League!

Louuuuu

Reaction score
And the best part - for us little people who don't have ticket connections - is that we don't have to listen to Ron Darling on TBS/TNT anymore. That guy has to be the worst color man in the business.

Louuuuu

Reaction score
The second best thing is: No more Toronto Blue Jays!

Donaldson forgets that he's supposed to be having fun.
Bautista is deeply offended by every call that goes against him.
It's like the team can't believe that somebody could actually beat them.
As Tom Hamilton said on the radio. "The Blue Jays lead the league in complaining and moaning about the strike zone".

Last edited:

Pacerdad57

Reaction score
had enough of ron darling after about the first inning of game one. didn't think much more of ripken's commentary either......
definitely not the best commentary for the playoffs.....

lewam3

Reaction score
I have come to realize that the more disrespect and less accolades announcers and The networks put in the Indians, the better. Cleveland has the proverbial chip on its shoulder and that's a good thing.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Yes, now that the Cubs are in, most of the attention is focused on them, and they are like 2:1 betting favorites. While they didn't have the best record in baseball for no reason, I think the Indians are just fine being the underdogs again, and keeping the "us against the world" mentality ...

coachjwb

Reaction score
Game 1 and the atmosphere in downtown Cleveland were amazing last night. Praying the rain holds off tonight, and the Tribe can go up 2-0!

Louuuuu

Reaction score
New sub-topic rant re: World Series.

Why do we get such lame acts to sing the National Anthem? Tonight: Hunter Hayes. Last Wednesday was some semi-unknown country duo. Is this the best we can do? This isn't Nashville. The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame is about 6 blocks away from Progressive Field. What gives?

cobb_of_fury

Reaction score
Or Bone Thugs N Harmony
[video=youtube;VMYAEHE2GrM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMYAEHE2GrM[/video]
or maybe not...

Last edited:

Louuuuu

Reaction score
Joe Walsh.
Marilyn Manson..
the Black Keys...

Dougk30

Reaction score
Looks like it really is Cleveland against the world.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cle vs world.jpg
    Cle vs world.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 39