Wow (again)

brownsfan

Reaction score
Jim, I'm assuming you placed again in parenthesis that you're original post was deleted. As much as I love freedom of speech, I also love the right to respect others. It's already over the news, so this is not needed.

Stupid Jim

Reaction score
So because its in the news, we cant link it? We do it all the time, I'm not making any kind of statement just posting softball news

yossarian

Reaction score
Jim, I'm assuming you placed again in parenthesis that you're original post was deleted. As much as I love freedom of speech, I also love the right to respect others. It's already over the news, so this is not needed.

I'm not sure I understand your point. I saw the original post. There was no presumption of guilt or innocence. It's big news in Ohio softball. Isn't this THE place for discussion about Ohio SB?

crystlemc

Reaction score

John, I have to agree with the others. This is softball news and this is the site to discuss all things softball. I could see if this was just a rumor, but it's not. It's a lawsuit that is alleges these things and it's a public access article. People are free to draw their own conclusions.

crystlemc

Reaction score
Chris, I posted the one in General, when the first post here was initially deleted. Ricky was trying to merge threads and it went wrong. I don't have mod privileges in the section, or I would merge them. I also deleted the one in General.

Last edited:

tjsmize3

Reaction score
John, I have to agree with the others. This is softball news and this is the site to discuss all things softball. I could see if this was just a rumor, but it's not. It's a lawsuit that is alleges these things and it's a public access article. People are free to draw their own conclusions.

I would also have to agree with you that the thread should not be shut down. On the other hand, what is there really to discuss? Everything is alleged at this point. As a father of 4 daughters I would never take allegations of sexual assault lightly, but given the recent string of similar allegations with college athletes I would certainly wait until the jury is out before "drawing conclusions." And regardless, I cannot even imagine the pain Karen must have felt being torn between her obligations as a parent and as a coach/advisor. Say what you will, but that is an absolutely unenviable and impossibly difficult position to be placed in. While the attorneys begin to spin this in 20 different ways I do feel for Karen (as well as all others involved). Hopefully people will remain respectful and sensible in their comments as all this unfolds.

Last edited:

GeneralsDad

Reaction score
Not being from NE Ohio, this was the first I heard of the story. Thanks for posting Jim. As for freedom of speech, when we don't tell the truth, or edit the truth to account for feelings, speech is no longer free. This is a huge problem in our over sensitive everyone gets a trophy society.

Run26

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of this story either but it's certainly troubling. I hate to hear/read anything related to the possible rape of a person. I have no idea if it's true but if it is shame on the university and coach Linder.

Reaction score
Website
WWW.OHIOBULLDAWGSELITE.COM
I think since it is in the press, and soon the court room, that this is good information to be shared. It is not rumor at this point. I won't pass any judgement until the thing plays in the process (or not) but if the allegations are true it is certainly a good thing to consider who you are willing to give your money and attention to at clinics and recruiting seminars in the future. If they are true, the coach wouldn't have the type of character I would contribute to in any way.

daboss

Reaction score
There are people already stressed and hurt in this story. Why make it any worse right now. Let the legal system now involved have their moment to sort things out. They will determine to what degree each person in this case should be held accountable. THEN, jump on your soapbox.

coachjwb

Reaction score
Have to agree with daboss ... maybe soap box isn't the right phrase, but I think he and I are both saying that personally we would like to see how things play out, before making any statements that if they pan out in one way, that such and such will be the consequences.

tjsmize3

Reaction score
not sure who you are referring to being on a soap box but I didn't read that on this thread and if it was me, you didn't read very carefully

I hate to speak for daboss, but I do believe he was referring to your post. For the head of an organization, who also has involvement with camps/clinics, to immediately jump on here and say:

but if the allegations are true it is certainly a good thing to consider who you are willing to give your money and attention to at clinics and recruiting seminars in the future. If they are true, the coach wouldn't have the type of character I would contribute to in any way.

seems at the very least a little self-serving and short-sighted. 4 states in the US provide the right to not incriminate your family members in legal proceedings, and multiple others are considering it. Failing to recognize that "the coach" is also a mother, and that this complicates the ALLEGED complaints beyond belief, gives the appearance of taking advantage of the situation to better your own self interest. It also gives the appearance that in such a heart breaking and no-win situation some would see only fit to mention cutting off "the coach's" (and competitors) revenue stream while they are down, as opposed to showing any empathy for what ALL of the families involved must be going through right now. I would probably opt to give my money to an entity who is a strong supporter of families through both good times and bad... as opposed to those who pounce while the gettin's good.

... at least that's my take on what daboss was saying

GeneralsDad

Reaction score
I believe one is innocent until proven guilty. With that being said, if accused of a serious crime, or a crime with moral implecations, you will have to prove innocence before I would leave my child unsupervised. You are a fool if you do. I think that was the point BullDawg was making.

Reaction score
Website
Let me point out the key word being "IF" and follow it up by also saying "IF" the allegations are not true, then the coach should have her good name completely restored. I can see now how what I meant may have been misconstrued but I guess i would add emphasis to "IF". The point is if it's in a newspaper and involves softball, why shouldn't the story be posted.

Reaction score
Website
Failing to recognize that "the coach" is also a mother, and that this complicates the ALLEGED complaints beyond belief, gives the appearance of taking advantage of the situation to better your own self interest. It also gives the appearance that in such a heart breaking and no-win situation some would see only fit to mention cutting off "the coach's" (and competitors) revenue stream while they are down, as opposed to showing any empathy for what ALL of the families involved must be going through right now. I would probably opt to give my money to an entity who is a strong supporter of families through both good times and bad... as opposed to those who pounce while the gettin's good.

... at least that's my take on what daboss was saying

Ok, now all this rambling I have no idea where you're going with this. I have zero "self interest" in this and didn't pounce on anyone. I don't compete with her in anything at all and in fact attended a seminar that I felt was beneficial so you are misinformed. The fact that she was the coach to me as well as the mom of the alleged assailant had nothing to do with anything I was saying. I'm not trying to state a case either way but I stand by what I said and acknowledge it could have been articulated better. To insinuate I am knocking her down, which I'm not, to somehow further my own competing interests, which don't exist is a far far reach and you clearly don't know me.

Last edited: